𝕊𝕒𝕕 𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕘

We The Kings-Sad Song

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

"You and I, we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky..."

The woman smiled as her one year old giggled.

"With you, I'm alive."

She stroked the girls hair.

"Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide...."

"So stop time right here in the moonlight, 'cause I don't ever want to let you go.

Without you, I feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole"

Without you, I've got no hand to hold"

Without you, I feel torn
Like a sail in a storm"

Without you, I'm just a sad song
I'm just a sad song"

With you, I fall
It's like I'm leaving all my past and silhouettes up on the wall"

With you, I'm a beautiful mess
It's like we're standing hand and hand with all our fears up on the edge"

She continued the song as the girl clapped, giggling and trying to imitate the woman.
And as she finished the song, looking down at the girl, who was now half asleep, a gentle smile on her face as she stroked the child's hair.

"Without you, I'm just a sad song, I'm just a sad song."

The woman with ruby hair set the girl in her bed tucking her in, rubbing her thumb over her cheek.

She stroked the girl's hair one last time before saying.

"I love you my little warrior."

-------------------------------

Kage jolted awake, her breathing quick and her eyes wide. She looked around her room, hoping to see something or someone in there.

She shook her head and brought her hands to her face. Groaning, she put her hands on her knees and looked towards her window. 'C'mon Kage she's dead! Stop expecting her to be here.' Kage sighed as she stood up from her bed. Walking over to her curtains, she pulled them open just a little, to let some of the light from the sun in.

She looked back at her clock to see it was 05:25 {5:25} she sighed 'well I'm already awake might as well get some training done.' Walking over to her closet she grabbed some clothes and went into her bathroom.

Coming out she wore a pair of camo sweatpants and a black tank top. Her hair brushed she put it in a high pony tail. She walked over to her bedside table and grabbed her phone checking for any messages.