22

At noon, I heard from Wu Shuang that Jiang Li also treated other people extremely cold, especially girls who were interested in him. He would generally maintain a distance of one kilometer and never gave them any opportunity to fantasize about him.

I tactfully asked Wu Shuang whether he preferred men instead, but she denied. "In fact, the relationship between Jiang Li and Teacher Ye is good. Every time they meet, they will smile. Oh, Jiang Li is also on good terms with the school flower in Class 3. Oh, and also, with the school flower runner-up in Class 1."

I became silent. My heart cursed my mother, it seems that Jiang Li had very selective preferences. In the short term, whether I could complete my task was also a problem. To give him my love letter, skill was needed or else according to this young boy's indifferent personality, he absolutely would not allow me to reprieve myself in front of everyone. The irony was that I was a toad who wanted to eat a swan's meat* (Hoping for something that is beyond reach).

I felt depressed. Why do children nowadays, place such harsh requirements on external beauty? When I go home I have to tell Fei Ge that for so many years, our way of grooming our inner beauty had been completely wrong. We had gone down the curved path as the inventor had not invented the see-through glasses and the men were blind for they could not see our inner beauty but only could see the cup size.

I was being pressured and the year was favorable only to young people. I had to face an 18-year-old young boy which suddenly gave me a sense of powerlessness.

I had put all my effort into the flowing three-thousand-worded love letter.

But to place this love letter into his hands, I need to plan skillfully. It had to be in a place less frequented and if anyone found out that I had failed, where would I put this face of mine?

I cannot place my face on my butt, can I?

Today, I was tormented. I had tried to find the opportunity to get close to Jiang Li twice. When I asked him a question, he did not ignore me. Reluctantly, with a cold face, he explained a bit to me, then finishing, he turned and continued on his papers and no longer paid any attention to me. During lessons, I did not pay attention to the lecture instead pretended to be smitten with him and stared at him. I put on a silly smile of infatuation and Jiang Li could not stand my harassment, obliquely send me a cold warning look, turned and continued to listen to the lecture.

I guessed he wanted to beat me up until I faint but I still had to continue carrying out my plan and had become a shameless dog-skin plaster*. (Used in traditional Chinese medicine for treating contusions, rheumatism, etc)

With my fake chest, I clung and stalked him, asking questions until he could not stand the harassment, began to talk to me using a few words, such as. 'Why are you so stupid', 'This question you don't even know, where are your brains?', 'Still don't understand?'. Although his face still had that cold expression I saw signs of melting ice and snow.

Two days later, on a Thursday, I found a great opportunity to pass him the love letter, starting a round of a great fired-up love chase.

Thursday was Jiang Li's turn to be on class duty and was responsible for the final garbage dumping duty. I planned to wait until almost everyone had gone when I would boldly corner him, brazenly follow him home, at the same time have a meal with him and then......he, he,....

In the afternoon, when everyone had almost gone, I was wearing the uniform that the school distributed yesterday, a short western-style set, with red pleated skirt revealing my two long legs, squatted near the school trash bin. The evening breeze was blowing, a faint foul smell of rubbish floated into my nose, my brows did not even wrinkle and I felt excited. I think two years ago, even with Fu Chen, I was not this passionate.