33

The whole morning, I was helplessly forced by Jiang Li to watch The Curse 3. In the end, I could even see ghost floating provocatively at me almost sucking out my soul. The grievances from the film was too heavy and I was affected.

Originally, I wanted to go to the toilet as an excuse to slip away but Jiang Li knew of my ruse, shook his index finger at me and refused to let me go.

Obviously, I did not dare to watch the film but due to curiosity, my eyes were inadvertently drawn to the screen. When a part was scary, I would scream in a low voice and just like grabbing to a life-saving straw, I would grab Jiang Li's arm and cried. "Oh mother, Oh mother......ah, ah........."

"Fool......" Jiang Li turned sideways and gave me a disgusted look. His eyes were full of disdain like Kang Zixian's but he was kind enough not to pull away from my claws that was clinging to his arm.

After watching the film until the end, I actually did not dare to go to the toilet.

I followed Jiang Li and walked out of the library after the show. Slowly walking in the golden sunshine, I felt the grievances in my body began to scatter a little and my heartbeat had become steadier. Japanese filmmakers were regarded as the best even though basically their styles were the same. After seeing more of it, there was nothing surprising but only gave a feeling of frustration. I used to think that being in the police force, one had to be brave and the heartbeat was a necessity and in all aspects, I did not lose to men.

I realized that I am a coward.

I am afraid of spiders, afraid of snakes, afraid of Lao Tan, afraid of love and also now realize I am afraid of horror films.

That kind of powerful force of death that people cannot escape from, even the sun cannot drive away the haze.

In fact, the shooting technique used in The Curse was nothing new and the plot was also old-fashioned. What was really terrible was people could actually feel the breathlessness when the God of Death strangled one's neck.

Waiting at the traffic light, I looked at the traffic police standing on the opposite side of the road directing traffic and suddenly I thought of my father who was in heaven.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jiang Li who had walked two to three steps ahead of me turned around and shouted at me. I was still dreaming and standing in my original position. I gathered my thoughts and answered "Oh."

Seeing the green light for the pedestrian was still blinking, I quickly caught up with him, laughed and lied to him. "He, he......I was just thinking about what to eat for lunch."

Not waiting for him to answer, I talked to myself whilst shaking my head and sighed. "My father had gone on a business trip these two days. My mother doesn't know how to cook and so we had instant noodles. The day before yesterday evening, we had duck flavor, yesterday afternoon, we had braised beef flavor and last night was pickled vegetable flavor."

When I lied, my face did not blush nor did my heart missed a beat. Leaning towards him, I pretended to be depressed and asked. "Jiang Li, take a sniff, take a sniff.....do I smell like instant noodles?"

Jiang Li with his hands in his pockets coldly looked sideways at me. "Stay away from me, I hate instant noodles."

Then he speeded up his pace and walked off alone, indifferent, revealing a cruel fact: I was not pleasing to his eyes.

I looked helplessly at the young man in front of me with mixed feelings. One word could only describe my feeling......defeated.

Even if I had lost confidence in my charms completely, whether I could complete the task given to me by the Bureau, I was also skeptical. But in my heart, there was another me that was unwilling to admit defeat and was shouting and waving a flag: Fang Liang Liang, to win for glory, you cannot give up halfway!