35

When I reached downstairs, I looked around and did not know where to go. I did not know how long Kang Zixian's grandmother would be staying.

What was her purpose for coming? Looking at Kang Zixian's expression, he also did not know in advance that they were coming and like me, he was stunned for a few seconds.

They could have planned a surprise visit on her grandson and maybe to check whether he was keeping a woman in his house.

In my mind, I kept seeing his grandmother's sharp old eyes and my heart was slightly unsettled with some apprehension.

I was also not certain whether she was suspicious of me. For this old lady, girls who offered themselves up to a man's doorstep were certainly girls who try to fly onto branches and turn into a Pheonix*. (A girl trying to marry into a wealthy family). In reality, I was not interested in stepping into a wealthy family's muddy water. Not to mention my feet would be dirty, I would not be treated as a human.

What "Shattered Dreams of Marrying into Wealthy Families"..... "Huang Liang's dream" .......they were all dreams of losers and were subjected to harsh, sharp words of bystanders who would not go easy on their words.

My aunt was more talented in this aspect.

With nothing to do, I kicked the pebbles on the sidewalk. Carrying a small pink bag in this high-end district, wandering around, like a stray dog that had accidentally stepped into paradise and running after bones, I felt at a loss.

This time I thought of a saying: One's dog kennel was better than a gold nest.

I missed my own kennel. Even if it was not good, it was still my own.

Finally, I was attracted to the children's play area by children's laughter, followed by another bout of cheerful laughter. I stopped not far from the swing. Sitting on the swing was a little girl about five or six-years-old wearing a pair of smart strap-pants. She was swinging up and down like a flying bird and the young father was smiling as he pushed her from behind. The mother was standing next to her, guarding her like an eagle. A family of three with their bright smiles was the most beautiful scene under the blue sky and white clouds.

I rode on the wooden horse, swaying and shaking, propped up my chin with my hands and looked at the happy little family. Obviously, I was already 24 years-old but I felt a little envious of the little five-year-old girl.

This time there was no one around me, I felt a little sad and sentimental.

When I was a child, I had also ridden on a wooden horse and a swing before. I had also foolishly giggled but always the powerful arms needed to push me into the sky was never there.

From young to an adult, I had only called my father in front of his picture and never knew what my father really meant to me. My understanding of fatherly love was practically nil.

I had asked Fei Ge and after thinking for a while she said. "My old man? Ah....he is my guardian angel. When my old lady wanted to spank my ass, he would be the first one to block it. When I made a mistake, he would only criticize me and let me off. Anyway, I am his own child. If he does not protect me then who will he protect? Being a father is like that."

At that time, when Fei Ge said this, her face unknowingly showed happiness. I think children with a father's love and a mother's love would show such an expression.

That time I still had Fu Chen as my love. There were warmth and kind smiles and the power to shine on people.

The first time I saw him, I was stunned silly because a few steps away from me, a young doctor's smile was just like my father's. I had been seeing that smile in the picture for the last twenty years and now I had found one that was similar and that moment of shock was undoubtedly strong.