62

Actually, I had no chance of overcoming his strength in this type of struggle. Although he was elderly, he was still a man. He tried his best to press the knife into his heart and I tried my best to turn the direction of his knife. Unexpectedly the old principal suddenly lost his footing, leaned forward and his whole body fell onto me. The next second, I felt darkness overwhelmed me and my heart had the same feeling. I felt a pain and a tremendous wave of fear came over me as I lowered my head and looked down. Bright red blood was gurgling out of my chest and it spread onto my white T-shirt......dazzling red...... so red that my sight became fuzzy.

My legs weaken, clutching my bloody chest, I leaned against the wall and panted.

The principal who was crazily begging for death just now finally woke up, looked at me in shock and his horrified eyes reflected my dying image. Tears poured down his face and he muttered. "Heavens, what have I done? What did I do?......"

"You did not do anything......you have to live well and wait for your son to come back."

My hands were bloody, the bright red liquid was flowing freely from my body. Before death could completely claim me, I managed to say those words. Then in front of me, the frightening darkness claimed me, the coldness of death slowly flowed into my body. I really wanted to open my eyes but I was too tired. I tried to open my eyelids but I felt very weak.

In the last ray of light, before darkness overcame me completely, many people's smile flitted across my eyes.....my mother, my father, Fei Ge, Stone, Dong Zi......finally it was that man, his loving smile, standing under the fairy tale Ferris wheel, saying: Promise me, in the days I am not around, take good care to protect yourself."

I am sorry, I did not fulfill my promise......

I did not know when people die, they would feel like me......my body felt very heavy. The pressure made me breathless, my soul floated in the air and from time to time, I heard a lot of people's voices, near and far, familiar voices. They were not my relatives and friends from the world......at the other end, voices were calling me to go back......please don't leave, please don't leave us to go to heaven.....alone.

No, I don't want to leave...... I wanted to respond to them loudly but I could not make a sound. So I desperately struggled, desperately shook my head to break away the chain on my body, only with the desire to see them one last time.......to let them know that I did not want to leave them.

My soul strived to return to my body, tried to open my eyes but my eyelids were so heavy.....open my eyes, I wanted to open my eyes to look at the world.....failed.....tried again.....then tried a bit harder.......

"Ah, heavens!......woke up, woke up!.....Liang Liang woke up! Fu Chen! Come quickly! Fu Chen!......."

My eyelids opened slightly, the while light pierced my eyes and I closed my eyes again. Near my ear, my mother's loud noisy voice sounded followed by movements from the surroundings. The sounds far and near gave me a headache......Old Alan exclaimed. 'God Bless!' and Fei Ge shouted. "Wake up!.....Fu Chen, Fu Chen!....."

And then I heard Dong Zi' urgent noisy shouts. "Brother Kang! Senior Sister woke up! Senior Sister woke up!"

I let out a sigh of relief in my dream and finally, I am sure I am still alive.

Chaotic footsteps anxiously came towards me which made my headache worse. It was difficult to resist the sleep that was taking over me and I closed my eyes. But a low resonant voice near my ear was giving me encouragement. "Liang Liang, don't sleep, don't sleep! Wake up, you can do it!"

Yes, Kang Zixian I can. I want to wake up to re-honor my commitment, you have to believe me. I, Fang Liang Liang is a woman of my word.

Just to open my eyes, this little movement was as if I had traveled thousands of miles. I could only experience this hardship myself and after going through the initial discomfort of the light piercing my eyes, I was pleased to see familiar faces. I turned to the left, my mother was in tears, Fei Ge had moist eyes, Stone was ecstatic and Fu Chen dressed in a white coat, was leaning over to check my eyelids with a solemn face.