48

When Kang Zixian found me, I was squatting at a corner by the side of the square, eating an ice cream, idling my time away, watching a fashionable teenager skateboarding. There were a lot of people coming and going in the square. The teenager was shuttling like the wind, flying smartly into the air and landing with confidence and ease. Flying like the wind, free and easy and behind him, his companion giving him shouts of encouragement and applause.

I just squatted, quietly watching them and focused my attention on the ice cream in my hand.

When Kang Zixian walked up to me, I only lifted my head and looked at him then continued to squat and enjoy the wonderful show in the distance.

In the bustling prosperous square, the two of us, one standing and one squatting, we were not totally immersed in the noisy grid.

A titillating night, we were just staying quietly at the side as an audience and I had to admit that with someone at my side to accompany me, the feeling was really good. That feeling was like the chocolate ice cream in my hand, just as sweet, which I wanted to eat in one mouthful.

I put the last bite of the sweet stuff into my mouth and patted my hands to stand up. But probably because I had squatted for too long and for a moment, I could not get up.

"Ai, pull me up." I reached up to the person beside me for help.

Kang Zixian's generous, dry, big hands pulled me up. My sticky hands touched his but his brows did not wrinkled. As I stood up, I used my hands to massage my legs to ease the numbness when he pulled my hands towards him. From his suit pocket, he took out a handkerchief and just like treating a child, he slowly wiped my hands.

Under the multi-colored lights of the night sky, I stared at the serious face of the man in front of me. With his head slightly bowed, he carefully wiped my hand, finger by finger and I could only feel the chocolate sweetness in my mouth spread, feeling happiness in my heart.

Silently I looked at Kang Zixian and he noticed that I was staring at him. He raised his head, gently looked back at me with a faint smiled and asked. "What is the matter?"

I thought for a while, tilted my head and asked. "Do you know what I want to call you now?"

He did not speak and his eyes were filled with expectation.

Seriously and frankly, I said softly to him. "I really want to call you......Father."

Kang Zixian who was originally full of expectation displayed a fallen face. "Don't even think of it."

I smiled mischievously. "I'm telling you the truth. Just now, you looked like a loving father."

Kang Zixian smiled slightly as he looked at me talked nonsense. Suddenly his finger pointed to the corner of my mouth and said. "There is something at the corner of your mouth."

The next moment, I subconsciously cried. "Ah."

And with the speed of lightning, he had already bent over. When my eyes widen in surprise, his hot, humid lips had landed on my mouth and he had also tasted my lips. He whispered into my ear. "Peanuts and chocolate flavor."

"You.....you.....this is broad daylight, you, you actually......." My hands shook as I looked at his presumptuous face, slightly shy and with dread. I swept my eyes around and it seems that no one had noticed us.

Kang Zixian lifted his eyebrows. "Now, do you still want to call me, father?"

I shook my head like a rattle-drum, angrily snapped. "What loving father......more like an animal."

He nodded his head, suddenly he smiled and whispered into my ear. "Thank you for the praise."

My face flushed red, I angrily glared at him. Squaring my shoulders, I turned around and did not look at him. Feeling frustrated, I threw him a sentence but with a lack of confidence. "We agreed. This is one of the three."