Chapter Six

ANGEL   POV

We have landed in New York and on the way to my father's hotel. Uncle Ashley wants to see the bit of paper that had his name on and some numbers. I just hope we find my father soon. It's devastating seeing my mother so heartbroken.

My mother is a gentle person and soft-spoken, but she speaks her mind sometimes. I feel so lucky to have a loving family and the support we give each other it's what makes us stronger.

I need to speak to my parents about the guy I am seeing, but I want my father to be there too and Uncle Ashley and auntie Grace. Jared and I have been seeing each other for a while and we haven't told our parents. We both don't know how they are going to react so; we are waiting for my father to come home first.

We arrive at the hotel and get to the penthouse.

"Alex. Ashley and I are going to look around. Could you speak to housekeeping and get the box they kept back for us," My grandfather says.

"Angel, you could help me, and I let them know we are staying here," Alex says and rubs his face.

"I'm sure dad will have left something," I say.

Ashley and my grandfather leave the penthouse and Alex and I sit for a while waiting for someone from housekeeping to come.

"I wish dad would just walk through that door," I say, and Alex looks at me.

"I wished that every day since he's been missing. I honestly thought mum had lost it. But I guess she is so much in love with dad," Alex smiled.

"I'm going to look in the bathroom to see if there is anything that we are missing," I walk over to my father's room and towards the bathroom.

I turn the light on and step in and look around. This is a fair size room. Bath, shower, double sink, toilet, and a b-day.

I was looking under the sink and could see scratch marks around the metal pipe.

"Alex," I shout.

I lie down and look up under the sink and see a bit of paper stuffed between the pipe and the wall.

"What have you found?" Alex asks as I sit back up.

"It's got to be from dad," I say and smooth out the bit of paper.

"To whoever finds this. I am okay. Riley is in danger. Warren's got someone watching her. We will be heading to my Miami hotel. Wyatt Nash," I read.

Alex looks at me.

"Dad's okay but mum's in danger," Alex says as he walks back to the lounge.

"I'll phone granddad," I say and get my phone out.

"Angel,"

"Granddad I found a piece of paper stuck right up behind the sink and it says dad is fine but mum is in danger,"

"Angel ring uncle Dayne and tell him. He will know what to do but under no circumstances you tell your mother. If she knew she would trade herself for your father. I want to keep both of them safe," My grandfather says with a firm voice.

"I will ring Uncle Dayne. Dad did put that they are going to his Miami hotel," I say.

"We'll be back soon, and we should leave," We hang up and now I have to phone uncle, Dayne.

"Hey sweetheart," Uncle Dayne always makes me smile.

"Granddad told me to ring you. We found a note left by my father saying mum is in danger," I say. Alex looks at me with a concerned look.