Chapter Thirteen

RILEY    POV

It's dinnertime, and I am sitting at the table with Blake, Aria and Freya. My father and uncle Dayne have gone into the office to sort out some paperwork.

I was pushing my fork around the plate and playing with my food. My father and my uncle Dayne walk back into the dining room and sit to eat.

I looked up and smiled then looked back at my plate and pushed my food around.

"Mummy. You are mucking your food," Blake says and looks at me.

"I am. I know it's wrong," I look at him and smile.

"Mummy you always tell us off for doing that," Blake says, and the twins laugh. I shoot the girls a look and they sit up.

My father looks at me, and I look at everyone at the table. I shake my head.

"I'm sorry girls," I stand up and was about to walk out the door when a tall well-dressed young man was stood in the doorway with a very pretty young girl. Her hair was like mine. I looked at them and closed my eyes and remembered the photos on the wall.

I had a flash memory of the little boy in a wheelchair. I open my eyes and glance at the tall young man. He looked like Wyatt I walked close to him and tears start to fall.

"Alex," I yelled he stepped towards me and hugged me.

"Mum," I hugged him so tight. But I still did not recognise my other children.

"You are my eldest child," I was so confused. I was pushing myself to think but nothing no memory.

"You are the little boy from the wheelchair. What happened?" I wanted to piece all the puzzle together.

"I had an operation and strengthened my legs and now I can run and play football," His smile was melting my heart.

"I wish I could remember," I looked at the young woman.

"You must be Angel," She hugs me, and I hug her tight. My heart is telling me I love them all.

"Mum," She says, and she had tears. I wiped her tears away then a flash of a memory suddenly hit me.

"I had an accident at the speedway. That's when I found out I was pregnant with Alex," I sit on a chair looking at Alex.

"We both almost died. Oh my god. It was my fault," I placed my face in my hands.

"Mum. It wasn't your fault. You were ill and I had to be born early," Alex walks over to me puts his hand on my shoulder.

"It was my fault all of this is my fault. I need to see your father and he needs to know the truth," I stood and walked towards the door.

"Riley. Do you think that is wise after all these years? He just barely forgave you for leaving him for five years," My father says.

"Dad I will tell him and then it's up to him. I should have told him the day I left but he wouldn't have believed me," I left Wyatt for a reason and now he needs to know.

"Alex where is the file? I need that for the proof,"

"I will get it," Alex walks off to get a file with proof.

My father stands and walks towards me. He kisses the top of my head.

"Riley, ring me if it gets too much and I will come and get you," I nod.

I look at the children and I still did not recognise all of them apart from Alex.

"Alex. I love you,"