Chapter Eleven Authors Notes

Author's notes 

Recap book two. This is when Riley tells Wyatt she's a mother and why she left him.

RILEY POV

I get another drink and down it. Now I'm feeling a little tipsy, I kiss Wyatt on the cheek and walk out to the lobby and out the back of the hotel. I take my shoes off and carry them. I walk to the beach. It was dark and all the light you could see was from the hotel. I walked closer to the ocean and let the water wash up over my feet.

I'm sobbing uncontrollably. Wyatt walks up behind me.

"Riley, what is fucking wrong?"

I walk further into the ocean. I really want him to leave, I'm so fucking angry with myself. I scream at him.

"Wyatt just go, leave me?"

"Riley, come out of the water, you're in no fit state, you're drunk,"

"Fuck sake, why did you have to complicate things?"

I throw my shoes at him one by one.

"What the fuck Riley, you almost hit me,"

I start to walk backwards into the ocean, the water is up to my knees. I stand still and wipe my tears away.

"I should never have come. I wish Ashley, told me you were going to be here. I wouldn't have come,"

"Riley, please come out of the water?" Wyatt says in a soft voice.

I look at him.

"I can't do this," I throw my arms in the air.

"What can't you do?"

"Us. I can't do it. I'm sorry Wyatt,"

He looks at me and then he picks my shoes up and puts them together on the sand. He sits down with his knees bent and looks at me.

"I was stupid to think we could just pick up from where we left off, five years ago,"

I slowly walk towards the sand, and sit on the other side of my shoes, so I'm not too close to Wyatt.

"I got caught up in the moment. It was fun. But it's not fair to you. Too much as happened to me in the last five years,"

"Riley, I love you,"

"Wyatt, you loved the Riley five years ago, and I'm not that person anymore, please understand where I'm coming from?"

He looks out over the ocean.

"No, Riley, I love you. I loved you five years ago, and I love you now. Fuck Riley, you're the reason I haven't been with another woman because I fucking love you, don't you fucking get it?"

Maybe he does love me, he's confusing me, my heart is saying one thing and my mind is saying another thing. That's why I'm so fucking confused. What do I do? Fuck.

"Wyatt, how sure are you? You never contacted me so, how can you be so sure?"

"I just know. I'm sorry I didn't contact you. When I got back to the penthouse and you were gone, I was angry, upset. I knew Warren had pushed you and the remarks he made must have hurt you?"

"Yes, they did. But he was your friend, and I didn't want to come between your friendship. He was only trying to protect you. He thought I went with Ashley for his money, and then I found out that you had more money than Ashley and that's why I was with you. I didn't want people thinking that of me,"

"I never thought that I still owe you a dinner,"

I smile and let out a little laugh.

"Wyatt, you don't owe me anything. I was trying to show him that I didn't need your money or want your money. Then he asked about my necklace, and I could see you looking. I know you thought it was from Ashley?"