Chapter Twenty Five

WYATT  POV

I woke this morning thinking about Riley and what she had been through. She had her operation two weeks ago, and it went well. When they brought her back up to the room, I was relieved that she was awake. She looked at me and tried to smile but with the pain; she was in she couldn't. I spent the entire day with her hand in mine. I didn't want to leave Riley's side.

Riley is coming home today, and she's got to rest. I was just grateful that I didn't lose her for good. The children were ecstatic when I phoned them to tell them that their mother was still fighting. I was feeling it more for Blake. He is still young and needed Riley, we all need her no matter what. She is my world, and it made me realise that I almost lost her for good. It woke me up, and I knew deep down I wouldn't be able to live without her. I just hope that she will in time forgive me for what I have done. The pain and heartache were too much.

I arrive at the hospital and walk into Riley's room. She smiles at me. She's dressed and ready to leave.

"Hey, beautiful," I say and walk towards her to kiss her. She blushes and we kiss. I help sit her in the wheelchair grab her bag then leave to go home.

"Wyatt. I need to pick up my meds," She whispers.

"We can collect that on the way home," I push her out to the limo, help her into the back then hand her bag to the driver.

On the way home, we stop and pick up her meds. I couldn't believe how much she had to take.

******

The limo pulls up to the gates of the house and then drives up the drive to the house. I open the door, step out then reach a hand down for Riley. She slides out and stands up straight. I pick her up in my arms bridal style and walk into the house towards the lounge. I lay her down on the sofa. Blake comes running in.

"Mummy, mummy," He shouts as he hugs her.

"Hey, baby," She kisses the top of his head and wraps her arms around him.

"Riley you still need to rest," I say with a smile.

"I know," Her soft, sweet voice warmed up my body.

*******

RILEY POV

I was glad to get home and rest. I had missed my children so much. Wyatt was trying his hardest to make things right between us. I was grateful that he was here but the words he said to me hurt too much. I just want to get better and spend all my time with my children. I love Wyatt unconditionally, but he broke the trust and the promise.

It will take me time to forgive him but what I feel for him will never change he is my world and my heart aches. I know we won't be able to go back to how it was, so much as happened our lives have changed, we have changed. I am not that naive girl that walked into his office all those years ago.

The day I first met him I thought he was the hottest man alive. I still think he's the hottest man alive. His smile melts my heart, his touch that sends my body craving him. The way he dresses makes me bite my bottom lip and his naked body is something. My god this man is truly a gift for every birthday and Christmas, he is perfect and he's my husband.

I look down at Blake and see Wyatt in him. Blake is going to be just as handsome as his brother and his father. I am overrun by cuteness. I kiss Blake on the head and hug him tight.

"Mummy. Do you feel better?" He asks in his sweet little voice.

"I do feel better and having a cuddle from you helps me to get better," I smile down at him and he smiles back. He stands up and walks back to the game room.