2

"So wait, let me get this straight. You found the wild horse your dad told us about and almost got to pat it!?" Natasha exclaims as she sets down her tray at their usual lunch table.

"Yup", Bucky says, picking up his sandwich. "But dad scared it away and now I'm grounded."

"Unlucky."

Bucky nods, looking over at Bruce who had barely said a word since first period and opens his mouth to ask the said boy a question, when Natasha's phone went off.

Natasha rips her phone from her black jeans pocket, a light blush tinting her cheeks as she types a reply.

"Let me guess, Clint?" Bucky asks, only to be waved off by his friend as she continues to stare down at her phone.

Bucky and Bruce share an eye roll before Bucky asks, "Bruce, do you really not mind coming out and helping at the ranch? I know how important basketball is for you."

Bruce only smiles , giving a shake of his head. "Of course I don't mind. I'd much rather hang out with you then those assholes."

Bucky chuckles, "thanks. My dad really appreciates it."

"No problem, dude. You're my best friend, of course I'm gonna be there to help."

Grinning, the two boys dug into their lunches provided by the schools cafeteria and continues to converse.

But only a few seconds in on a new topic they had begun to talk about, Natasha slams her hand down on the table. "Holy shit! Guys, guess what!!" She screams, causing students to turn and stare at their table.

"What?" The two boys ask in unison.

"Clint's moving to our school!!"

The sandwich Bruce had been holding fell from his hands, a frown replacing the grin he had on his lips just moments prior. "He's.. what?" He stammers out, pain clear in his hazel eyes. Bucky frowns.

"Clint. He's moving to our school." Natasha repeats happily before looking back down at her phone as it once again went off.

"Thats... great, Nat. We'll finally be able to meet him." Bucky responds, staring over at Bruce who was now looking down at the table.

"Yeah. That's... that's great."

Natasha smiled at her two friends before looking down and typing on her phone. Bucky on the other hand couldn't tear his gaze off of Bruce, worry beginning to bubble in the pit of his stomach.

Bucky placed a hand on his friends arm. "You okay?" He whispers gently, rubbing Bruce's arm with his thumb.

Bruce looked up, giving him a fake smile. "Yeah, I'm fine." He responds, patting Bucky's hand with his before standing and picking up his tray. "I should.. I should get going.. don't wanna be late.."

Bucky watched his friend walk away with his shoulders slumped, confusion and worry clear in his icy gaze. "That was weird." He thought aloud, "we still have 20 minutes."

Natasha only shrugged. "Maybe he had to talk to a teacher?"

"Yeah.. maybe.."

The two sat in silence for the rest of lunch, only conversing and making eye contact whenever the boy would ask what the time was. The silence caused Bucky to sigh. He hated silence when he was around friends. Your meant to be talking, not bloody texting and ignoring your friends.