Epilogue

What a gorgeous day it was for an outdoor wedding: warm, but not terribly so. The early May sun peeked out occasionally over the hills, brightening the small fairy lights that curled around the wooden backdrop piece in the middle of the field. A pleasant breeze was sweeping through the grass as family members of either side began to fill out the rustic styled seats on either side of the trail. Sweet yet soft music drifted through the air from Bucky's record player and he couldn't seem to believe it.

His father and Stephen were getting married. (Finally)

Bucky stood in front of his father with the biggest grin on his face, watching as Tony began to fuss and play with his hair, tighten his bow tie, flatten out his tux. He looked amazing. Happy.

"Dad." Bucky chuckles, turning Tony to face him. "Stop fussing. You look great and Stephen will love it."

"You really think so?" Tony asks, seemingly unsure. 

Bucky nods. "I know so."

"Okay." Tony breathes, nodding his head slowly. "Okay. Let's.. let's go then."

Bucky smiles and takes his fathers hand in his own. "It's gonna be okay." He gives it a small squeeze before dropping it and walking out of the room, running right into Steve.

"Hey Bucky." Steve says, eyeing him up and down. "You look... amazing."

Bucky smirks and strikes a quick pose. "Who me?" He sticks his arse out. "I had no idea."

A laugh rumbles in the back of Steve's throat as he watches his boyfriend do all sorts of funny poses and faces, his heart melting at the sight. "Come on, crazy. Let's go." Steve says, holding out his arm for Bucky.

Bucky stops what he's doing and links their arms together, pressing a quick kiss to Steve's cheek. "Lets go."

Stephen is already waiting at the wooden alter, hands clasped together tightly, though their was a large smile on his lips. Everyone was seated, not uttering a sound, only smiling adoringly at the couple, Nat and Wanda sending them cheeky winks as they passed.

Steve presses a kiss to Bucky's cheek once they make it to the alter before untangling their arms and taking his seat. Bucky takes his stand on the right, just a few steps back from where Tony was to be standing any moment now, and took in a deep breath.

As the music began to grow quiet and Dodger had tried his best at swinging the basket of flower petals down the walk, then Peter had walked down holding the rings, the crowd of family and friends rose to their feet.

The music came to a full stop, and all heads turned to face the far end of the walk. The opening to the 'bridal' chorus started to play and down the isle Tony came. Pepper was to Tonys left, arms linked together tightly as she tried to hold back her tears. Bucky smiles and looks over at Stephen, watching as his eyes glazed over with tears and his jaw dropped at the sight of his husband to be.

After the greeting the family members and giving the two grooms a moment to hug, the preacher led the couple through the vows. Bucky couldn't seem to focus on the sight of his father marrying the man of his dreams. Instead, his eyes were on the man of his dreams. Steve.

And Steve was staring right back at him.

They had smiles on their faces, and all they could seem to think about was that this could be them one day. They could be holding hands in front of their families and friends, they could be expressing their love through thoughtful vows, they could be crying and wiping each other's tears. And they couldn't wait for that day to come.

"I love you." Bucky mouths, holding back his tears.

Steve smiles. "I love you too."

"By the power invested in me!" The preacher calls. "I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss!"

Bucky turns to his father, watching with tears falling down his cheeks as the two share a love filled kiss, holding onto one another with shaky hands. The crowd leaps to their feet, a storm of yells and claps floating through the air once the now wedded men break apart and walk down the isle.

Everyone followed suit and when the couple stopped, washed them in hugs and kisses, announcing their congratulations. Bucky wraps his father in a tight hug, sniffling and shaking. "I love you so much. I'm so glad your happy."

Tony smiles against Bucky's shoulder. "And I love you."

************

Day turned into night and everyone was laughing. The barn was cleared and full of people dancing, eating, talking. It was amazing.

Stephen and Tony were snuggled together on one side of the table, whispering in each other's ear like high school students and chuckling. Bucky grinned at the sight. He was so happy that his father was happy. Stephen was the perfect guy for him. And Bucky knew they'd stay together till the end of time.

"Excuse me, kind sir." A familiar voice says from behind Bucky. "Would you care to join me in a dance?"

Bucky giggles as he turns around, finding Steve with an outstretched hand toward Bucky, waiting for approval to whisk him off to the dance floor. "Why of course, Mr Rogers. I would love to."

With one last laugh, Steve laces their hands together and leads Bucky into the centre of the barn just as the song, their song, it's been a long, long time, begins to play. Bucky wraps his arms around Steve's neck and Steve wraps his own around Bucky's waist, leaning their heads together gently as they begin to sway, eyes fluttered shut.

"Never thought that you would be....standing here so close to me" Bucky sings softly, opening his eyes and meeting Steve's glowing ones. "there's so much I feel that I should say....but words can wait until some other day."

Steve grins. He loved the sound of Bucky's soft voice, singing with his whole hearts content as he stares into Steve's eyes, sparkling with love and adoration.

"Kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again"

"It's been a long, long time.... Haven't felt like this, my dear
Since I can't remember when... It's been a long, long time"

"You'll never know how many dreams
I've dreamed about you"

"Or just how empty they all seemed without you...."

"So kiss me once, then kiss me twice, Then kiss me once again.... It's been a long, long time"

The music began to drift away and all that was left was Steve and Bucky, staring into each other's eyes, holding onto one another so tightly, never thinking that this moment would ever come. "I love you." Steve whispers.

Bucky grins. "And I love you."

The space is filled between them and they feel whole. Their hearts racing with love, hands holding on tightly to the other, trying to pull closer as their lips dance slowly.

Bucky was happy and so was Steve. And that's all that mattered. As long as they had each other, nothing could stand in their way.

They were with each other till the end of the line.

*******

OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS FINISHED!!!
This book has been so much fun to write and I love reading all your guys sweet and hilarious comments! I hope you have also enjoyed this book!
Comment if you would like a sequel? Cause... maybe.

~ Maddi❤️