37

Bucky gets home just after dinner, toeing off his shoes at the door and shrugging off the coat from his arms. Bucky hangs it up on a hook and makes his way into the kitchen, finding an angry looking Stephen sipping at a mug of coffee and a pouty Tony across from him.

"Come on!" Tony whines. "It's not even that big of a deal! I can't go empty handed."

Stephen rolls his eyes. "You can't just trespass on other people's property and steal their horses, Tony! What kind of example are you setting for Peter and Bucky? Especially when you hit him in the head with a fucking shovel!"

Bucky hides himself behind the doorway, listening in to the couple's bickering with a scowl on his lips. Stephen knew!?

"Don't you dare tell me how to raise my kids." Tony glowers, eyes harsh, each word laced with venom. "I know what I'm doing and I don't need your input."

Stephen rolls his eyes. "Do you really? Then why the hell is Bucky so angry? Why does he keep leaving, hm?"

"Because he's a teenager, Stephen. Almost eighteen! He's supposed to be moody!"

"Tony." Stephen says calmly. "You know that's not the reason. Bucky's angry about the flipping horse! You need to give it back and make amends with Steve!"

"No!" Tony yells. "That horse is mine now. So keep your nose out of my business, Strange."

"Fine then." Stephen gets up from his seat. "Have a good rest of your night, Tony." He spits, walking out of the kitchen and out of the house, missing Bucky's small hiding spot, and slams the door.

Tony sighs and runs a hand down his face. "Just great."

Bucky comes out from his hiding spot and walks inside of the kitchen. "What was that all about?" He asks, grabbing his charger from the counter. "Stephen looked pretty angry."

"Nothing." Tony responds, taking a seat. "Where the hell have you been, anyway? You missed dinner. Again."

Bucky pauses. "I was at Nats, finishing off our last group project."

"You seem to be getting a lot of projects near the end of term." Tony says suspiciously. "Seems quite odd."

Bucky nods hesitantly. "Y-yeah.. The uh... teachers have something against us I'm sure of it."

Tony smiles and shakes his head, deciding not to push and let his son get away with whatever he was doing that certainly wasn't a group project. "Yeah."

Bucky walks back out and goes into his room, closing the door before sliding down to the floor, resting his head back against it. What the hell was he supposed to do about all of this? Steve was concussed and stuck in bed due to Bucky's father, Tony seemed to give no shits about it, Blaze was stuck here. It was all down to him to find a way to fix it all.

****************

It was just a quiet Monday morning. Birds were chirping, the wind was whistling, and Bucky had just awoken from his slumber. He rubs the sleep from his tired eyes and rolls out of bed, slumping off to go and have a shower to avoid his family just a few moments longer.

Bucky undresses from his sleep attire, kicking it off to the hamper next to the shower and turns the nob,   placing his hand underneath the run of the water to check the temperature before jumping in.