35

You know that feeling when you just want to be at home, wrapped in the covers of your bed and just sleep? That was Bucky right now. He was seated in maths, resting his cheek in the palm of his hand, drowning out the annoying voice of his teacher, writing some equations on the board he would properly never use again in his life. He hated maths with a passion. It wasn't because he was bad at it, he was actually pretty good, it just wasn't for him. But Tony got him to take it saying he needed to play at his strengths, whatever that meant.

Bucky couldn't help but think back to when he went over to Sam's apartment. He and Steve cuddled together for a few hours and just talked. It was just what Bucky needed and he wanted to go back to then. And so, when the teacher wasn't watching, Bucky pulls his phone from his pocket, hides it under his desk and goes into his messages.

Steveeeeeee I'm boreddddd ~ Bucky

The three bubbles pop up in the bottom corner of the screen and Steve's response comes through in less than a minute, making Bucky quietly gasp and catch the attention of Natasha.

Hi bored I'm Steve ~ Steve

Oh you did not just do one of those things on me. ~ Bucky

Oh I think I did. And you should be paying attention in class, the teacher could call on you ~ Steve

Bucky rolls his eyes.

Eh. I know how to do this shit already and I probably won't need this in the future so why bother? ~ Bucky

Because it's school. So get back to work, cheeky. I might come see you after school, yeah? I need to ask you some things for your birthday ~ Steve

Ughhhhhh Fine you party pooper ~ Bucky

Oh get back to work. ~ Steve

Bucky smiles, a real smile, and in maths! He places his phone back into his pocket and looks back up at the board, finding a whole bunch of scribbled notes he would need to jot down.

Fucking hell.

By the time the bell rings, Bucky is up on his feet and stuffing his books into his bag, chatting away with Natasha who had a large smile on her face. "So wait," she says, linking arms with Bucky. "Steve's gonna go over to yours and talk about your.. birthday?"

Bucky smiles and shrugs. "Yeah, I guess. He's such a sweetheart."

Natasha laughs. "Yeah, so you say. How many dates have you been on?"

"Um... five? Maybe six?"

"And he still hasn't popped the fucking question!?" She gasps, stopping in her tracks and turning to face Bucky. "What the heck! I'm so coming over to yours after school and getting his number. God, so that's what you've been doing these past few weekends?"

Bucky nods with a small laugh, rolling his eyes. "Yes."

"How has your dad not found out?" Natasha asks, falling back into step with him. "Like— seriously."

"I dunno. He never goes on my phone so he can't read our texts and he always believes me when I say I'm going to hangout with you or Wanda or Bruce or anyone else."

"Wow. Have you kissed yet?"

"Fucking hell Nat, What is this? Yes we have. Many times."

"You mean many many MANY times."

"Shut up!"

Wanda falls into step with them, raising her eyebrows over at Nat who couldn't seem to stop laughing. "What's going on?" She asks.