34

Bucky stares, eyes wide, at the reflection in the mirror, and he brings his hands up to pat his now short locks. He hadn't had such short hair in almost four years, it was weird, but... a good weird. He was still killing peter when he got home though. Definitely doing that.

"Is it— do you.. do you like it?" Timidly asks Melissa, his hairdresser, holding a mirror behind his head to show him the back.

Bucky smiles easily and nods. "Of course I do, it looks great.. I just- it's weird, you know?" He responds, turning around to face her. "Like— I'm pissed off at Peter for cutting my hair, but I also feel.. different. A good different."

Melissa chuckles, placing down the mirror and leading him over to the register. "It's the start of a new chapter for you, yeah? All the bad stuff can be left behind with that old haircut and this one now can replace it with good things. Maybe it was fate that you brother was to cut you hair?"

Bucky laughs this time, pressing his credit card to the small machine and swiping it through. "Yeah, or maybe Peter is just a little shit who's been talking way too much with my friends."

Melissa shakes her head with a small smile, handing over the receipt and waving Bucky goodbye, wishing him the good rest of his day. Bucky seconds that, sending her a quick wave before walking off down the street, hiding his metal hand beneath his baby blue sweater.

Tony comes out of the Ute, grinning from ear to ear, and places his hand in Bucky's hair, ruffling it softly. "Damn.. it's been way too long since I've seen you with short hair." Says Tony, draping an arm over Bucky's shoulders. "You ready to go home?"

Bucky stops in his tracks. "Actually dad... I'm meeting... Wanda at the park for a game of frisbee. Is that— okay?"

Tony sighs. "Yeah, I guess. How are you getting home?"

"Nat's gonna meet us here soon, she said she can drop me home later on." Responds Bucky, smiling at his father. "Thanks so much! Bye!"

Tony laughs, rolls his eyes and climbs back into the Ute, waving to Bucky as he drives off down the road, leaving Bucky to close his eyes and sigh in relief, placing a hand over his heart. Now that was close.

He pulls out his phone, flicking Steve a quick response to the text he had felt buzz in the back of his pocket moments prior, smiling.

Hey we're already at the park, see you soon? ~ Steve

Yep, on my way now. Got a small surprise for ya ;) ~ Bucky

Ooo, how sweet of you. ~Steve

Bucky giggles, shoving the phone back into its pocket and crosses the road over to the park, kids laughing and screaming around him, climbing the jungle gym, going down slides, playing on the seesaws, kicking soccer balls, playing tag.

He sees a small orange disk floating through the air atop the hill and smiles, jogging up the grass at knowing who was up there. He makes it to the top, only to be whacked with the very frisbee he had just seen in the air and be sent backwards.

Bucky yelps, bracing himself to fall to the ground, when in a flash of blonde hair, strong arms wrap around his waist and the back of his neck, holding him in a dip.

Bucky blinks open his eyes, gasping softly at whom had caught him. "Uh..- hi.." whispers Bucky, traveling his eyes over the woman's face. "Thanks.. for catching me.."

She smirks. "No problem, you Bucky?"

"That's me.."

"Nice to meet you, Bucky." She says, still holding him in a dip, throwing the frisbee behind her. "I'm Carol, Sam's girlfriend."