14

Bucky unwrapped his arm from around Steve's waist, clambering off the motorbike while gripping at the olders shirt. He unbuckled the helmet, slipping it off of his hot head of hair and handed over to Steve, giving a small smile. "Thanks for that.. I really needed it." He mumbled, tucking a piece of hair behind his ear.

Steve smiled, showing off his white teeth. "No need to thank me, I'm here anytime you need someone to talk to."

"Yes there is... I was so horrible to you.. only thinking of my dads side of the story without even asking for yours, I'm sorry-

Steve hushed him by placing a finger over his lips. Dragging it down, his eyes watched intently as the plump bottom lip of Bucky's mouth drew down with his finger and flicked back up as he pulled it away. The action caused Bucky to blush and nibble on his bottom lip, Steve sending him a knowing smirk.

"It's fine, doll. I get why, you were angry. I caused you to lose your arm, there's no need to apologise." He hushed, brushing his thumb gently across Bucky's cheek.

Bucky keened at the touch, wishing that he could stay in this moment forever. Realising that he had lingered his hand too long, Steve retracted it and smiled softly at the boy. "Goodbye, Bucky."

Bucky stopped himself from whining and giving the man a disappointing frown, urging a forced smile onto his lips. "Goodbye, Steve. Thanks, again. I really appreciate it."

"No problem. I'll see you round."

With the wave of his hand and one last smile, Steve was off down the street and leaving Bucky alone.

Bucky gave a soft sigh, turning around and spotting Natasha standing at the top of the stairs of the school, arms crossed. His eyes blew wide and he gulped, preparing to make up some lame excuse when Natasha cut him from doing so by pulling him into a hug.

"Fuck, you scared me, Buck." She uttered, pressing his face gently into the crook of her neck by his hair. "I thought you had gone and hurt yourself- don't do that to me again."

Bucky hugged her back, breathing in her vanilla like smell that always seemed to calm him down. "I'm sorry.." he whispered into her neck. "I should've told you I couldn't handle it.. but I shut you out again. Typical me.. I'm so fucking sorry."

Natasha hushed him, running her fingers gently through his hair as she kissed his temple. "It's okay.. we all keep things to ourselves, even when we shouldn't. It's human nature. But I still don't understand why you didn't tell me and why you messaged that Steve guy Instead of me.." she whispered, pulling away from the hug and cupping his cheeks. "Do you not trust me?"

"Of course I trust you!" Bucky cried, "I just- sometimes it's easier talking to a stranger about my problems then it is with a friend.. or just.. asking for advice.. I'm so fucking sorry.. I- I'm such a nuisance.."

Natasha shook her head. "No.. I understand. Well.. now I do. I just- I guess I was upset that you didn't come to me.. or that you haven't been coming to me with your problems.. you've only been going to Tchalla or keeping them to yourself. I just want you to feel like you can tell me anything and that you aren't alone in anything you're going through."

"I already know that I can go to you.. I'm so sorry.. Jesus all I ever do is make you worry.."

"Stop apologising, Buck. Of course I worry about you, we're best friends. It's my job to worry about you."

"Thanks Nat.. for everything." Bucky whispered, falling into her arms once again and burying his face in her neck.

Natasha gave a small smile, wrapping her arms tightly around the boys middle. "I love you." She whispered.