15

Bucky's bright eyes scanned out the large window, sighing in content as Natasha dragged the brush softly through his hair, humming along to the song playing through her Bluetooth speaker.

He loved moments like these. Just sitting, the two playing around with each other's hair, Nat being the only one able to on this occasion, and not needing to talk. All that was needed was gentle music playing in the background as they sat together.

"Buck." Natasha said delicately, splitting her friends hair down the middle and tying an elastic around one side.

Bucky hummed in response, leaning his head back as she begun to braid his hair. "Yeah?"

"Do you reckon Clint still likes me..?"

"Course. What makes you say that?"

Natasha gave a small shrug. Her lips were pursed in a deep frown and she sighed. "I dunno.. I just.. I feel like he's losing interest..."

"Why would he lose interest in you?" Bucky asked, looking at his friend through the reflection of the window. "You're such an amazing person and I don't think anyone in their right mind would grow tired of you. What's made you start to feel like this?"

"Just something Bruce said awhile ago. He asked if I was sure Clint was straight. As if he was implying that Clint could be gay and was just using me.."

"Nat." Bucky sighed. "You know what Bruce can be like some times. He's just saying stuff like that because he's being protective.."

"Bruce confessed to me that he liked me." The girl blurted, tying the end of the braid and undoing the ponytail on the other side. "I shut him down.. but.. I dunno- I- never mind."

"No- say it. You can, I won't say anything."

"I just... I feel like I made the wrong decision.. you know? Like.. I'm so confused. I used to really like Bruce. But he never seemed interested so I met Clint and thought he was such a sweetheart and kinda forced myself into a relationship with him to get over Bruce.. but.."

"The feelings are resurfacing?" Bucky finished for her, smiling softly at her small nod.

"Nat. It's fine. Just think some more and it will come to you. And when you know, don't be afraid to tell them. I'm always here, you know that."

Natasha smiled. "Thanks Buck. And the same goes for you. If you need someone to talk to about your.. thoughts or whatever that's going on.. I'm here. I can't lose you."

"Yeah.. I know."

The response was the end of their small conversation and Nat continued to braid the boys hair, taking her time and some times even redoing it to make the moment last longer.

She too enjoyed these moments with Bucky.

The silence was soon cut off though by Bucky's phone chirping with a new message. He grabbed his phone from where it was seated on the girls bed and read the message.

Hey, Buck. I was wondering if you could come round to mine? I really need to talk to you.

"Who is it?" Nat asked, leaning over to try and read the contact name.