10

A few days later, Bucky was able to leave that horrid hospital and go back home to his warm bed that was freshly made and had a basket filled to the top of all his favourite snacks and movies.

He had only moved the basket to the side, ignoring the small note atop the pile signed by Natasha and Bruce, before climbing into his bed and falling soundly asleep.

Tony went to check on his son countless of times, making sure he had water for when he awoke and making sure that he was not crying or spitting nasty things about himself in front of his mirror, the actions causing Thor to sigh.

"Tony." He spoke, placing a kind hand on his shoulder. "He's okay. I'll stay inside for when he wakens, if you would like?"

"I know, I just- I don't want him to feel as if he isn't himself anymore. He's still Bucky just- one less limb.." Tony muttered, closing the door of his sons bedroom softly. "And it's okay, I think what he needs right now is some space. He's been pretty smothered and will be extremely lousy from the drugs."

Thor gave a simple nod, following Tony out into the lounge and stopping at the sliding door at the side of the house. "What would you like me to do?"

"Could you put Scout into the stables please? I might get Bucky to have some alone time in the woods on a ride, do you think that's a good idea?"

"Yeah, I'm sure he would enjoy it very much. But what about the other horse? We still haven't been able to move it. Don't you think he'll go near it?"

Tony sighed. "I don't think I'll worry about that for now. Bucky can go near him if he wants, just no riding or leading him, Okay?"

"Okay."

Thor slipped his gum boots back on and headed out to one of the many paddocks, baseball cap secured atop his head.

Tony ran a tired hand down his face before walking over to their record player in the corner of the lounge, placing one of Elvis Presley's records on so that Bucky could wake up to his favourite kind of music.

After making sure the music was at not too high a volume, Tony made his way out of the house to go and do his jobs.

Not even two hours after falling asleep, loud knocks echoed throughout the house from the front door and awoke Bucky from his slumber. He gave a groggy groan, slowly slumping towards the door in his track pants and tank top, hand holding his bandaged left nub of an arm.

The knocks became louder and more persistent, causing Bucky to yell, "I'm coming, don't get your panties in a twist! Jesus!" As he walked faster to the front of the house.

Bucky opened the door, eyes widening at the sight of a man and woman dressed in pressed suits, holding clipboards to their chests. Their eyes trailed over to Bucky's missing arm, allowing him to give an eye roll and mutter, "it's rude to stare, you know."

The two adults were caught off guard at his snarky comment, pulling on their blazers before speaking. "Is this the Stark residence?"

Bucky nodded sleepily, giving a small yawn. "Yes, it is. And who might you be?"

"Social services." They responded flatly.

It was Bucky's turn to be taken aback. "Social services?!" He thought to himself. "Are they here to take me away from dad?"

"Um aren't you supposed to call first and arrange a meeting?"

"Yes but we could not seem to get ahold of your father or the home phone, so we took it upon ourselves to arrive here as the matter is very important." The woman stated. "Is your father home?"