30

//AN: this is like the whole of the script of my melodrama I did in drama earlier in the year, but the ending is obviously made up and my group did not end it that way :) \\

Sad and loathsome music begins to softly waft around the gym. Pietro makes his way to the centre of the stage and one of the many bright lights before him flick on, blinding.

"Oh me, I am overcome with adoration for angelic Agnes Appleby who works up at the big house yonder." Pietro says, pointing to his left.

"She knows not of my feelings for her but I swear that I can resist her charms no longer, not even for an instant. I cannot eat or sleep so filled with the love I am for this beautiful maiden. Today is Sunday and it is her afternoon off from her labours up at the big house yonder." He points to his left once again, then placed his hands back on his hips, eyes at the roof. "She is a creature of habit and every Sunday afternoon she never fails to walk in their directing in the company of her best friend Pricilla Smith. Here on this very bench..."

Pietro takes a few steps back and points towards the 'bench' in the centre of the stage. "Do they rest themselves from the trial and tribulations of the preceding week. I will hide behind this tree," he indicates behind him, "and await there arrival. Then I will take my courage in both hands and tell the fair maiden of my undying love for her."

Without another word, Pietro places his hands upon his hips and strides behind the tree near the bench and stands beside Wanda, grinning. Taking in a deep breath, Clint and Bucky tiptoe angelically onto the stage. They stop before the bench and place their hand/ hands together against their cheeks, the crowd making a soft "ahhhh," at the sight of the cue cards.

Bucky catches Steve's curious grin and watches his eyes drift up and down his body, then removes his hand from his cheek, pokes out his leg and begins his line. "Dearest Agnes, let us rest awhile on this bench by that leafy tree. There shall you tell me of all the events that have passed since last we met."

Clint smiles and places his hands over his heart, Bucky doing the same. "Very well dearest Pricilla. That is indeed a most excellent idea." He responds.

"Let us sit then."

Both boys fold their dresses behind them and take a seat, pressing their knees together and moving their legs to the side.

Wanda appears from behind the tree, wearing the exact same clothing as her brother and gazes over at the two. "Ah, she has arrived." She mumbles, disappearing back behind the tree.

Pietro comes out from behind the tree on the opposite side, quickly snatching the hat from his sisters head and saying, "ah, she has arrived."

The audience erupt into laughs at the shocked look upon Wanda's face, and she stands beside the other, "that is my hat— do you mind?" She growls, snatching it and placing it back on her head.

"There is only one hat, we've got to share it! Now get back behind the tree. We're not supposed to be on stage at the same time."

Wanda throws her hands up in disbelief and points over at the tree. "You get back— it's my turn to say a line!"

"Well, get on with it then."

She grins as Pietro walks back behind the tree and looks back over at the two boys. "Right. And she is with her best friend Pricilla."