38

Bucky stares over at Steve, the largest grin on his lips. It had been a few weeks since his birthday and things had been great, except for with Steve's horse. That wasn't going well at all. Tony still refused to acknowledge what he had done to Steve and it seemed to be affecting his relationship with Stephen. The two were fighting continuously, right in each other's faces. It was beginning to scare Bucky and Peter.

"Do you think they will ever stop fighting?" Peter had asked Bucky one evening when it was just the two of them.

Bucky was shocked at the question but answered as truthfully as he could. "I'm not sure, Pete."

And now, here were Bucky and Steve at Sam's apartment, staring into one another's eyes with the largest smiles on their lips. "You're so beautiful." Steve whispers.

Bucky feels a blush run up his neck. "No I'm not." He says, adverting his gaze. "I have one arm, that's not beautiful."

"You and I must have different definitions of beautiful then." Steve responds, taking ahold of Bucky's metal hand. "You don't have to wear this around me if your in pain. Carol takes hers off all the time and hops around the apartment without a care."

Bucky lowers his gaze. "Steve." He warns. "Not now, please."

"Okay... sorry."

The two drop into another silence, just cuddled into one another, exchanging warmth. Bucky hadn't been this happy in months. Steve was the light of his life, his rock, his boyfriend. Bucky was so goddamn lucky.

"Have you talked to that T'Challa guy at all since our first date?" Steve asks, breaking the short lived silence.

Bucky shakes his head. "No. Every time I try to apologise, he just ignores me or tells me to fuck off."

Steve frowns. "Oh...well.. why don't you just go round to his and try to make amends? I know how much you miss being friends with him and how awkward it's getting with the group."

"I guess I could. Can you take me?"

"Of course. Wanna go there after lunch?"

"Wait— today?" Bucky asks, shocked. "Today?"

Steve nods. "Yeah. Did you mean another day?" Steve responds.

"Oh.. no no. We can go today..." Bucky's stomach was beginning to churn. He was nervous.

"Okay. Let's get some food into you and get going."

*******************

Food gone and apartment locked up, Steve and Bucky make their way over to T'Challa's home. Bucky was beyond nervous. His stomach was churning painfully and the butterflies wouldn't seem to ease.

"You okay?" Steve asks once they come to a stop before the gorgeous house.

"Yeah, just a little nervous." Bucky responds, placing down the helmet.

"Don't be. It will all go okay. I'm sure."

"Thanks. Wait here for me, yeah?"

Steve nods. "Of course." He presses a reassuring kiss to Bucky's check and watches as he slowly walks up the steps to the front door.

Bucky lifts his fist to the door and gives it a few knocks, then steps back and waits for someone to answer. It doesn't take long and the door rips open, T'Challa lifting his gaze from the ground and to Bucky's face. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He spits, leaning against the doorframe and crossing his arms.

"I.. I came to try and apologise to you about what happened." Bucky squeaks.

"Oh really? And let me guess, Steve drove you here." T'Challa says, looking over Bucky's shoulder with ease to spot Steve on his motorbike, staring right at him.