23

Bucky stayed wrapped in Steve's arms for the next hour, softly conversing about school and small ideas on how they could protect Steve's horse from his father. "You could try taking him to Peggy's again?" Bucky suggested, drawing patterns on Steve's bare chest, hand under his thin shirt. "Maybe you even stay out at hers so that he knows that you're there and that he's okay?"

Steve shrugged, chin resting atop the youngers head. "Yeah, I guess I could." He mumbles, softly sniffing the boys coconut scented hair. I need to get this conditioner. He thought to himself. "If Peggy lets me, that is. Cause if he breaks down the fence again, she'll be pissed."

"Oh yeah.. I forgot about that."

"Yeah.."

The two wafted into a small silence. That was until Bucky realised that it might be late and opened his mouth to speak.

"Hey uh.. Steve?" Whispers Bucky, stopping his hand and placing it flat against the other's chest.

Steve hummed softly. "Yeah, doll?"

"What's the time?"

"Almost two."

Bucky's eyes blew wide and he leaped out of Steve's arms and onto the carpeted floor. "Shit." He cursed, running around his room to try and find a hoodie. "Shit shit shit."

"What's wrong?" Questions Steve, Who rose from the boys bed and pulled the covers back up.

"I have to pick up my younger brother from school- it's an hour drive there. Shit-"

"Wait- are you even allowed to drive with.. you know.. one arm?"

"Yes." Bucky mumbles, struggling to slip on his oversized hoodie. "The doctor said I could as long as I was careful."

Steve chuckled at the boys struggle and made his way over, helping him tug the fabric down and his head through the hole at the top. Bucky mumbled a small thanks, grabbing his phone and slipping it into the hoodies pocket.

"I would say that you can stay here till I get back, but I wouldn't want my dad to find you.." he whispers, nibbling his lower lip.

Steve almost groaned at how adorable and innocent Bucky looked. Lower lip hidden between his teeth, eyes wide and bright, hair slightly messy. God. Steve just wanted to bend him over his desk and- NO.

"Yeah- I'll.. I'll just go." He stammers out, opening the window and beginning to climb down the ladder that had been placed.

"Wait-"

Bucky's call stopped the other in his tracks and he locked gazes with the boy, "Yeah?" He questions, quirking a brow with a gentle smile.

Bucky didn't speak at first. He bent out of his window, leaning down and pressing a kiss to Steve's cheek. "Thanks for.. looking after me.." before closing the window and walking away.

Steve stayed on the ladder, frozen. His cheek tingled on the space Bucky's soft lips had placed a sweet kiss too and he felt his face grow hot. God, he's gonna be the death of me.

*******

The next week at school was quiet, seemingly everyone's mind on something different then the other. Bucky couldn't stop thinking about earlier in the week with Steve, wrapped in his arms, his very hand under his shirt where he drew patterns over his chest, staying like that and talking for an hour to get Bucky's mind off of the fight he had had with T'Challa.

Bucky couldn't help but think that he wanted to wake up every morning in Steve's strong arms, having soft kisses pressed to the back of his neck and gentle whispers being thrown around the air. He quickly rid the thought from his mind with the shake of his head, internally growling at himself. He had a..... T'Challa? What was he supposed to call their 'arrangement'