THE TWO WEIRDOS ON MAPLE STREET

THE THUNDER RUMBLED as the two girls sit in the boy in the middle basement. Seven stared at the dark skinned boy, her eyes filled with shock and curiosity. But what shocked her the most was that he was staring right back at her, equally curious.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?"

"Where's your hair?"

"Do you have cancer?"

"Did y'all run away?"

"Are you guys in some kind of trouble?" Sevens attention was turned towards the boy in the middle, away from the dark skinned boy who continues to stare at her. Seven slightly nodded her head, earning a slight nudge from eleven. Seven then shook her head, thinking. "Is that blood?" The dark skinned boy asked eleven, his hand reached out to touch it. Seven turned to elevens shirt, only to see that it was ketchup from the burger.

The boy in the middle slapped the dark skinned boy hands away. "Stop it! Your freaking them out!" The boy in the middle exclaimed at the dark skinned boy who replied with, "They're freaking me out!" Seven narrowed her eyes at him, not liking the words that he spoke. "I bet they're deaf." The boy with curly hair said. Seven stared at him, bewildered. She had never heard that word before. Suddenly he clapped in front of their faces causing eleven to jump back and seven to glare. Why would he do that?

"Not deaf."

"Alright, that's enough, alright? They're just scared and cold." The boy in the middle snaps at the two boys. He walks away and the thunder roars, causing seven and eleven to flinch. The boy came back with clothes in his hand, two sets. One with gray and blue, the other with blue and black. "Here. These are clean. Okay?" The boys hands seven and eleven each. Eleven takes one pair and feels it on her face while seven just stared at them. Touching them with her thumb.

Eleven stands up and grabs the end of her big yellow tee that Benny gave her. Seven clasps onto her white one, not moving but looks down. "No! No! No!"  The two boys at the end yell as the boy in the middle stopped eleven. "See over there? That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?" The boys directs. Seven just gets up and walks over to the dark skinned boy, turning him around softly. He turns around, shocked. Seven shakes her head. And walks away.

He stared at her with shock and seven shakes off the gesture. She was oblivious to the pale boy behind them with flushed cheeks at the interaction as he made eye contact with Lucas. After seven walked into the smaller room, the boy followed them. He goes to shut them in but eleven stops him as seven stands alarmed. "You don't want it closed?" He asked and seven shakes her head. "No." Eleven speaks. Recognition floods the boys face, "Oh, so you can speak. Okay, well um, how about we just keep the door just like this.." The boy trails off as he has the door cracked so they can't see the girls changing.

"Is that better?"

"Yes."

[][][]

Seven put the blanket on top of herself, eleven had another blanket covering herself. Seven watched as the boy (she still didn't know the name of) kneeled down and gave them more blankets. Seven just wanted to cry, she wanted to let all of her emotions out. It had been a long day. Seven watched the kind boys friends went up the stairs, the dark skinned boy eyes lingered on her for a bit longer than the curly heads did.

"Hey, um, I never asked your guys name." The boy said, eyes glancing between both seven and eleven but his main focus was eleven. Seven narrowed her eyes at him, what did he want with eleven? Seven turned to eleven but it seemed that her attention remained on him too. Seven furrowed her eyebrows. What was happening?