THE MONSTER

SAM PACED BACK and fourth, much like Dustin did the day before. Sam was angrily muttering things under her breath, angry at herself because of yesterday. She was bad. And when she was bad, she got thrown in the dark room for days on end. When she bad, she wasn't pretty. How could she be pretty? With that thought, Sam snatched off the black wig. She didn't yesterday because it warmed her low-cut head but now she felt like she deserved to be cold. She felt cold.

She glanced at el who was asleep, she kept fidgeting like the day before but more intense. It worried Sam but she soon she was distracted by yesterday's thoughts. It wasn't before el shot up, breathing heavily that Sam realized it was a bad dream..or memory. She kneeled down next to el, "You..okay?" She asked in a worried tone. El glanced at her and nodded.

Sam heard the birds chirp and she looked up to see all the little animals flying or landing on trees watching them, with a dull gaze. Sam sighed and stood, holding out a hand for el's to take. El took her hand and stood as well, Sam glanced behind herself and saw the lake, slightly frozen over by the November cold. Sam and el walked towards it, both slightly stomping there feet. They kneeled down in front of it and stared at themselves for a bit, in the reflection of the ice.

Sam watched as el put the wig back on, but not how it was the day before. Sam didn't put hers on, it only reminded her of something she wasn't. El snatched the wig back off, Sam stared at herself. She wasn't pretty anymore. El grew angry at the sight and screamed. The frozen water shattered and the birds from the trees flew away.

[][][]

El and Sam approached the colorful building, much bigger than Benny's was. Sam watched as people pushed large metal things around and people walking out with bags. She glanced at el before they walked closer. Her and el entered the store, getting weird looks from ladies and men.

Sam got grumpy looks from weird man and women. She glared back, causing them to turn away as if they had been offended. They walked into the frozen section, of course not knowing what that was. They walked until they were stopped by a man that was wearing a uniform type with a clipboard. To Sam, he looked like a scientist, with the clipboard in hand and she slightly realized how danger this trip really was.

"Are you two lost?" The man asked, his false concern, angering Sam. El turned, not noticing him at first. She stared at him, not muttering a word. "Is your mom here?" He asked, "Your dad?" He continued as he slightly stepped closer but the girls stepped back, causing him to stop stepping.

"Mouth breather." Was all that el replied with, Sam smirking at the man with a slight glare. They turned and el caught sight of eggos while Sam saw pancakes. Sam grabbed three boxes of them while el grabbed four boxes of eggos. "What should we do?" A lady behind the man who was questioning them asked. "Uh. Call the police." He glanced back at her as he watched the two girls raid his freezer.

"Idiots." Sam scoffed at him, rolling her eyes as she watched el grab more boxes of eggos. But the sentence the man said rang through her head, police equal bad men. Sam sucked in a breath as she urgently nudged el, "Police get bad men. We go! Now!" She said, panicked and frustrated with her small vocabulary. El widen her eyes before dropping a box of eggos and turning away, her and Sam rushing past the man.

"Excuse me. Young ladies! You know you two have to pay for those!" He shouted at them, trying to match there pace. But they kept walking. "Hey, Stop right-" a cart crashed into his side, blood running down Sams nostril as a lady screamed.

"You two have to pay for those!" The man pathetically shouted, "stop right there! Thief's! Thief's!" The man shouted, about to come out of the door. But it slammed shut, the glass shattering. Sam smirked as blood ran down el's nose. They continued off, into the woods, ignoring the shock gasps of the people that were around them.

[][][]

El munched on the eggos that she stole as Sam munched on the pancakes. They both sat down on the ground, eating away their hunger and feelings. That was until, "El!?" A voice called, but Sam recognized it as mikes, causing her eyes to widen. "Sam?!" Another voice called for the girl, causing Sams chewing to stop. It was Dustin. "Seven?!" Mike called. "Eleven!" Dustin shouted not to far after.

Sam glanced at el, who didn't move. Sam could see the hesitation but she just shook her head, turning to Sam, "We put them...in..danger. Can't go back." El nodded to herself, as if convincing herself. Sam nodded, looking down as she sealed her food.

But if wasn't Dustin's loud shriek, that wouldn't have changed. It sounded alert and scared. Sam pushed everything off of her as she stood, her eyes darting for danger. El stood after her hearing Dustin's call for mike to hurry. El glanced fearful at Sam who nodded at her. They ran in a different direction, following the yells of two different people and the boys.

[][][]

El levitated mike over the boys and into the ground, safely. Sam approached the boys from behind, a different side than el. El broke a one boy known as troy, arm and the knife in his hands dropped. Sam surprised the other boy with her angry black eyes, in one swift move he was thrown on his back and her foot stomped on his chest.

"Stay away from the boys." She gritted her teeth, as her foot pressed down harder. The boy held fear in his eyes as he nodded frantically, "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Ill stay away! Just please-" He didn't finish his sentence because Sam removes her foot, nodding upward and he was slid to a rock, farther away from her.

"Go." El demanded, her head tilted low. Sam nodded at her with a evil smirk, "Now." She demanded, as he with wide eyes, got up and ran away with Troy. Sam smiled triumphantly as Dustin yelled things about them being his friends. Sam slowly moved back over to el before falling to her knees, the color slowly draining from her face.

El fell down next to her as Sam held her hand, on her knees. Blood ran down each of their nostrils as el curled her lips up in a cry. "El?" Sam asked, softly, her voice cracking. "El, are you okay?" Mike asked, as he kneeled down next to el on her other side.

"Mike..I'm sorry." El apologized. "Sorry? What are you sorry for?" Mike asked. Sam knew, el broke into sams room when it happened as all the bad men had attended to the gate that had opened. "The gate..I opened it." El cried as she gazed up at him sadly. "I'm the monster." El continued. "No." Sam shook her head slightly, el was not monster. El was good friend. El was best friend. El was sister.

"No, el your not the monster. You saved me. You saved me." Mike stared at her, smiling slightly as his eyes filled with a emotion Sam had never seen before. With that el was pulled into a hug, Sam leaning over el and joining the hug, Dustin not too far behind. As they all say there, hugging. Sam realized that they were her friends, and that brought a smile to her face once she also realized that she was there's.

[][][]

I swear Melanie Martinez be reading my book yo, wanna know why? Because crybaby had BLACK EYES every time she USED HER POWERS! Just like Sam. Like dude tell me sum different. Anyways, yeah schools a bitch and we fought and guess who won?