THE SAUNA TEST

[ 𝐌𝐀𝐉𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒!! ]
11/28/20

THE RAIN POURED even harder now that the girls had reached Max's house. They had showered and were in pjs. El was leaned up against max while Sams toes were between max and el, which made Sam laugh when she saw her fuzzy socks.

Max had two comics, a women and a man. "Which one?" She asked with a dazzling smile. "I don't know." El answered. El looked torn, like she wasn't entirely paying attention to the question. Max noticed this and put both down, "Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?"

Sam sighed and swiftly switched sides, so now she was in between max and el. "It doesn't make sense." El said. "What doesn't make sense?" Max asked. "Heather." Sam answered, now fiddling with the blue bracelet around her wrist. "The blood, the ice, all of it." Sam listed, now her heart beat quickening.

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now," max tried to reason with them. "That has to be it. I don't know where that blood came from, but...we saw her. We all saw her. She's totally fine." Max assured with a small smile.

Maybe it the fact that max was trying to pretend like everything they saw and found could be simplified into the answer that Billy had given them or maybe it was that she felt played. She felt stupid. Maybe that's what made Sam snap. "What about billy?" Sam sharply turned her head up toward max. "What about billy?" Max was taken back by the sudden attitude.

Sam couldn't form the right words, resulting in her opening and closing her mouth. El spoke for sam, "He seemed... wrong."

"Wrong is kind of like his default. But it's nice to know he's not a murderer, because that would've totally sucked." Max chuckled. Sam wanted to argue but fought against it since max had somehow made a smile grow onto her own face. "Who..is that?" El asked as she glanced down at the comics, assured from Max's words.

"See, this is why you can't just hang out with mike all the time." Max said, then glanced at Sam. "Do you know who this is?" She asked, a ghostly smile on her face.

Sam picked one up and read it, "Wonder women. Lucas told me about her."

Sam hadn't mentioned that Lucas had been bringing all his comics to her cabin at night so he could read them to her. He had said that Wonder Women reminded him of Sam. Strong, smart and always trying to do the right thing.

"AKA princess Diana." Max added with a smile as Sam and el got more comfortable in her bed. "She's from paradise island, which is, like, this hidden island where there are only women Amazon warriors."

[][][]

"Do you copy?"

"This is a code red."

"I repeat this is a code red. Sam, do you copy?"

Sams head popped up at the sound of her name from Lucas's voice. She hadn't heard his voice in a while and she was eager to find out what he wanted.

Sky threw her pillow down and slid off the bed, crawling towards her bag. She unzipped it and got out her supercomm. "I copy, over."

"Thank god, sam. It's a code red and what is a code red? Over."

"Bad. Over."

"Exactly. So—"

"Sam, just because he says it's a code red doesn't mean it's always urgent." Max said from her bed, sitting up.

Instead of easily agreeing with max, she threw her a glare. Sam hadn't meant it rudely, she just wanted to see Lucas because of her nightmares. Usually Hopper would help her but since he wasn't here, Lucas was. And he helped them go away, at least when he'd come over to the cabin.