THE BATHTUB

WHILE MIKE TOOK El to go wipe her face, Sam and Dustin stayed out, waiting for them to return. Sam sprawled onto the couch, it was uncomfortable but it was comforting to know that she was back. "So...you have powers?" Dustin asked as he sat in the chair. Sam glanced at him before going back at staring at the ceiling. "Yes." She nodded. "What..are they?" He asked, curiously. "Fighting. For now." She spoke firmly, her tone held slight hesitation, remembering the night before she and el escaped that they would start focusing more on her other abilities.

   Dustin furrowed his eyes at her choice of words, but before he could question it, the radio started acting up. A muffled voice coming through, Sam sat up, wondering why it was doing that. It had never done that before. Dustin realized it was Lucas and ran to get mike and el as Sam stood, and walked over to it, picking it up as she tried understand the muffled words.

   "Do you remember how Lucas said he was going looking for the gate?" Dustin asked mike as they came back. Sams eyes widen as she and el glanced at each other. Worried danced across sams features, she was never told about Lucas going to go find the gate.

   "Yeah." Mike replied, nonchalantly. "What if he found it?" Dustin asked, taking the radio away from Sam and to mike. Lucas was obviously saying something important since he sounded like he was yelling. "What's he saying?" Mike asked. "I don't know. He way out of range." Dustin shrugged. "...son of a bitch!" Lucas's voice came through. "Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you." Mike said, speaking into the radio.

   "Mad hen? Does that mean anything to you, like a code name or something?" Dustin asked. "The bad men are coming!" Lucas's voice came out as clear as day. "Bad men." Mike repeated. "Mad men." Mike said, staring at Dustin. Mike gasped as he placed the radio down, "stay here." Mike instructed as Sam glanced down fearfully.

[][][]

   It didn't take long before they had to leave mikes house because the bad men had found them, they had even passed Brenner on their way out. Now they knew that the girls were with mike the entire time. They met up with Lucas and now they were running from the vans that chased them down the street.

   Dustin cursed heavily as Sam gripped onto his waist. Suddenly a van drove around the corner, in front of the kids. Now Brenner had them right where he wanted them, in his grasp. Sam stared fearfully at the van that drove in front of them with no intention of stopping, the boys yelling profanities as they realized it.

   Sam glanced at el who nodded at her. They turned their attention towards the van, flipping it over them as the focused. Sam lost her focus on the van in mid air but el had it, the van flipped over them successfully as it slammed down, flipped over.

   El glared at the men behind them, before turning her gaze toward the now the slightly weak Sam. Sam nodded at her, with a slight grin. El held a small smile on her face at the sight. Blood ran down both their nostrils as Dustin felt Sams grasp on his waist slightly loosen, causing him to worry.

[][][]

   Eventually, they made it to the junk yard, Sam instantly hopping off of Dustin's bike. She sat down next to el as Dustin spoke. "Holy..holy shit! Did you see what they did to that van?" Dustin exclaimed, excited. "No, Dustin, we missed it." Mike sarcastically said as Sam glanced up at him.

   "I mean that was.." Dustin stammers, ignoring mikes comment. "Awesome." Lucas cut in, surprising Sam. She thought that he'd still be mad, but he just seemed apologetic. "It was awesome." Lucas panted. Lucas walked over to the girls, kneeling down, "Everything I said about you guys being traitors and stuff.. I was wrong. I'm sorry." Lucas apologized.