THE BODY

MIKE WAS GOING through a bunch of papers while el was playing with the radio. Sam was leaning on el, the tension in the air was thick and Sam didn't want to do anything that would make mike snap at them again. But that didn't make Sam any less angry at mike for slapping el's hand away. Sam felt bad but she wouldn't let anyone lay there hands on her and el ever again.

   "Can you please stop that?" Mike sighs, looking at el. Sam just laid her head on el's shoulder, with her eyes closed. El turned the radio off for a second before turning it back on, "Are you deaf? I thought that we were friends, you know? But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other. You guys made me think that he was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't. He wasn't!" Mike ranted to the two girls.

   El had her head up, staring at him with tears brimming her eyes. Sam had her eyes closed so she couldn't let any tears out, she felt horrible for what she had done to mike, but Will was alive. She knew it, she felt it. "Maybe you guys thought you were helping, but you weren't." Mike continued. "You hurt me. Do you understand? What you did sucks." Mike directed that to el, Sam knew it because she felt el's head look down.

   "Lucas was right about you. All along." That was what pierced through sams heart. She opened her eyes, letting a tear fall out. Now she felt way worse. "So come on and let me know." A small, weak voice came from the radio. Sam stared at the radio, wiping her tear away. "Should I stay or should I go?" The boy sang, causing mike to look over at them. "Should I stay or should I go now?" The boy kept singing. Eventually mike rushed over and stared at el, el holding out the radio as Will kept singing.

   Finally, Mike took the radio, "Will, is that you? It's mike! Do you copy? Over." Mike exclaimed into the radio. "Will are you there? Will!" Mike exclaimed into the radio once again. He looked to the girls, "Was that..was it.." Mike stammered. "Will." El smiled softly.

[][][]

   Without a second to waist, Mike had called over his friends and now they gathered in front of the two girls, el messing with the radio and Sam laying her head down. She started to hear all the thoughts of everyone in the room and her head started hurting. Her nose bled every now and then but she wiped it off with a tissue that mike had given her.

   She ignored the boys as she felt her head pound over and over again. Liar. Is he for real? I just need them to listen. Will. The thoughts repeated, until Sam decided to sit up. She thought maybe if she focused on something else, her head would stop hurting and the voices would go away.

   "Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger?" Dustin asked, remembering the memory. "He sounded a lot like that." Dustin concludes. "Did you guys not see what I saw?" Lucas asked, looking back and fourth from the two boys. "They pulled wills body out of the water. He's dead!" Lucas yelled into Dustin's face, Sam flinched.

   El stared at him with teary eyes as Sam glanced down, none of them had thought of the word, but now that Lucas had gave them a wake up call, Sam was more driven to prove to them that Will is alive. "Well, maybe it's his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us." Dustin said.

   "It's not his ghost." Mike disagreed. "So how do you know that?" Lucas asked, eyebrows raised. "I just do!" Mike exclaimed at Lucas. He wasn't listening. "Then what was in that water?" Lucas exclaimed. "I don't know!" Mike shot back. Lucas pressed his lips into a thin line. "All I know is that will is alive. Will is alive!" Mike exclaimed.

   "He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him." Mike said, glancing down than back at Lucas. Suddenly the static started crackling, causing Sam to glance at it and the boys to glance at them. "This isn't going to work." Mike took the radio from el's hands, "We need to get el to a stronger radio." Mike said, looking between the boys.