THE FLAYED

[ 𝑴𝑨𝑱𝑶𝑹 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑺 ]
11/28/20

SAM WAS WEAK. But, she was sufficiently good. It was El that she was worried about. She was choked and used her telekinesis to its neck. El almost died, and Sam almost let it happen. She hadn't even known that what was happening, was happening. She was to blame for letting Billy get the close to El anyway.

A bruise now sat around El's neck and it would stay there until it healed. But, otherwise, it was a painful reminder for El and Sam. That Sam let someone hurt her sister.

"I found him." El told the group as Sam had her legs on els thighs. Sam had blood running down her nose, which had been recurring ever since last night. She wiped it off, tiredly taking the tissue that Lucas had instantly passed to her.

He was directly in front of her, focusing on both her and el, but his attention was mainly focused on Sam since she was the only girl he'd ever cared for this much.

"Woods."

"Woods?" Sam asked, she had found it unusual since hopper hated fly's, bees, anything that flys really. "He's with....wills mom." El said.

"My—my mom?" Will asked almost instantly. Max furrowed her eyebrows, "What are they doing?"

"Ill...annoy." El tried to pronounce. "They're going to Ill..annoy."

"Mike! Breakfast!" Karen called from upstairs. But mike only yelled back, "Not now, mom!"

Sam flinched, as she always did when mike yelled. He then turned back to el, "Illinois? Illinois, like the state? The state of Illinois?" Mike asked el.

El shrugged innocently, "I'll-annoy."

Sam sighed and closed her eyes, attempting to enter El's mind, but instantly blood pooled from her nose and ears. Maybe she shouldn't keep trying to use her abilities and just wait for her to recharge.

Sam sat up immediately, the group looking at her as she did. They all held concerned looks as Lucas hurriedly grabbed Sams hand and took her towards the bathroom, her feeling tears surface from her returning headache.

Max frowned, as did el. "I got her, come on el." Max stood, rushing to grab Sams hand while el got up and walked over to them.

Lucas stood there, watching a determined max drag Sam and el into the bathroom, giving him a glare as she slammed the door shut.

[][][]

Sams nose stopped bleeding, and soon her ears had been wiped. Max wiped a bit of els nose when El lifted her neck up slightly to see how badly billy had squeezed her neck.

"Does it still hurt?" Max asked, realizing El had started to examine her neck. "Only when I talk," El told the two girls.

"I'm sorry. I should have helped you sooner." Sam thoughtfully said to El who looked at her. "It's okay. You were hurt too."

Sam looked down, that hadn't been the problem. Sam had worked through pain before. Many times in fact. It was weird how she hadn't moved when she was just winded. Sam was angry with herself.

"Well, it's a good thing you're not Lucas or mike. They'd run around like headless chickens If they even get hurt a little bit." Max joked, and the girls chuckled.

After a while, they heard mike saying that him and el were on a break while Will, repeatedly, schooled him by saying it wasn't and quoting what el said.