THE BITE

[ {}{}{} ]
*** means I added something extra to the scene, and you can skip if needed too. You won't miss anything.
[ {}{}{} ]

MAJOR CHANGES
1/12/21

THE FIREWORKS POPPING distracted sam from the harsh reality that soon, she wouldn't only be hearing that. She'd also be hearing screams pretty soon. She wished it stop but knew that soon it all probably would. "He said he was building something." El told the group, holding Sams hand as she glanced at mike. "That it was all for us."

   "Building something..is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked. "He must be." Nancy said. Lucas sat beside Sam, her other hand in his, "So, he's building an army, just like we thought."

   "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike said from his spot in front of El. "He's building it to stop eleven and Sam." Will remembered which made Sam give him an appreciative smile. "Last year, El and Sam closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike said, and Sam got flashes of her mother. Sam's frown deepened as she realized how much she missed the embrace of her mother.

   "Like, royally." Lucas added seriously. "And the mind flayer now knows that they are the only thing that could stop him." Mike said and got ready to say something else when El interrupted him.

***

   "He called Sam 'too dangerous'." She said as she squeezed Sams hand tighter.

   "Too dangerous?" Mike asked with an eyebrow quirked. "Probably because she can read minds." Johnathan muttered. Sam glanced at him. Max was confused, "What? She read his mind and now she's..too dangerous?"

   Sam sighed, "I fought him." Before glancing around but not at Lucas. "In the hive mind..? Yeah." She nodded to herself, but she could almost feel max shaking her head.

   Nancy's mouth opened momentarily, taking in the new information. After she overcame her shock, she asked, "You got into the mind of the mind flayer?"

   Sam nodded while Lucas tightened his grip on Sams hand. "But not anymore." El said sternly directed to Sam who sunk into the couch. "Why not? We might need her to do it again so you can kill this thing." Max looked at El.

   In the first time in a while, El narrowest her eyes on Max. "She almost died." The room suddenly went silent, and Sam decided to focus on the fireworks.

***

   "So, the mind flayer tried to take her out once. But fortunately, he failed. Now if they are both out of the way--" Mike started again.

   "Game over." Lucas muttered. "He also said he was gonna kill all of you." El whispered but in the silent room, it was heard.

   Mike raised his eyebrows while Will inhaled sharply. "Oh, well, that's nice." Max sarcastically said. Oddly, Nancy slowly walked towards the window. "Do you guys here that?" Nancy asked and Sam stared at her curiously.

   Sam sat up, as did El. The group suddenly got tense. "It's just the fireworks." Johnathan tried to brush it off but something made Nancy think otherwise. "Billy," Nancy said before she whipped around to the group. "When he told you two this, it was here, in this room?"

   Sam and El nodded in unison. Suddenly they started to hear a thudding noise as if someone was stomping really hard. Sam glanced at Will, noticing his hand reach up to his neck. "He knows we're here."