THE GATE

THE TWO TEENS EMBRACED, Sams arms over his shoulder and his wrapped her back. Sam breathed out, joy fulfilling her as she did. She was there, with him.

   "Sam." Lucas whispered, his voice cracking. "Lucas." She whispered back as she squeezed tighter into him. She'd missed him. She'd missed the sound of his voice, the feeling of his touch and most definitely his presence.

   They broke away, arms still wrapped around each other though. "I—I'm sorry for leaving you. That was mean, right?" Sam asked, confusion crossing over her features temporarily. Lucas shook his head with a smile, "You saved me. You're not mean, you're a good person, Sam."

   "But..." he trailed off. He noticed the change of clothes and look but saw no broken bones or height difference. "Why didn't you come back?" Lucas asked, hurt across his features, "Why didn't you let me know you were alive?"

   "Because I wouldn't let them." Hopper stated, putting his gun all the way down. Apparently mike had asked el the same thing. Lucas and mike turned to hopper, anger slowly Erving across their faces.

   Hopper approached them, "The hell is this? Where have you two been?" He asked. "Where have you been?" El asked sharply after him but he only wrapped his arm around them. Sam was glad to be with him again. She'd missed him much than what he could've imagined.

   It didn't take too long before Lucas and mike figured it out, "You've been hiding them. You been hiding them this whole time!" Mike yelled as he and Lucas shoved hopper a bit.

   Sams heart clenched at Lucas's angry expression. "Hey!" Hopper grabbed Lucas and mike, "Let's talk. Alone." Lucas shoved hoppers arm off him and stormed away, mike following after.

   Sam started after them but el stopped her, shaking her head.

[][][]

   Sam collided in a hug with dustin, she missed him too. Sam smiled as she backed away, letting el hug him. "You guys look badass." Dustin smiled causing Sam and els smile to falter. Sam reaches toward his mouth but he jerked back. "Teeth." El pointed out.

   "What?" He asked and Sam chuckled, realizing he was just as confused as them. "You have teeth." She pointed. Dustin let out a noise of realization and smiled, showing off his newly found teeth. "Oh. You like these pearls?" Dustin asked and let out a purr. Sam only jumped back a bit, while el stared at him oddly.

   "Eleven and Seven?" Came a voice from behind Dustin. A girl walked up to them, making Sam stiffen. "Hey. Um, I'm max. I've heard a lot about you two." Max held out her hand for-one of them to shake but it never happened.

   El brushed pass max. Sam stared down max, remembering els bottom lip tremble at the thought of mike replacing her. Her eyes hardened, the idiot. Sam walked past max, because she had no intention to make new friends. No intention of change. Especially with an idiot.

   It was after she had done this that she realized that will was no where to be seen, which confused her. "Hey Sam." Joyce gestured for Sam to bring it in, to which Sam complied.

   "Can we see him?" Sam mumbles into the hug. Joyce nodded with her classic mama bear smile.

[][][]

   El, Sam and Joyce walked in. Sam immediately frowning when she saw wills pale body. El kneeled down while Sam stood beside her. Sam pressed her lips into a thin line, internally cringing at the hospital gown he was wearing.

   Joyce kneeled on one knee and looked at both of them, "He's not doing well." Joyce tells them and Sam nods. "I know." El said. Joyce seemed confused almost. "I saw." El further explains.