THE UPSIDE DOWN

SAM LEANED HER head on Lucas's shoulder, their hands interlocked, his hands were warm and she wanted his warmth. But she wanted the bubbly feeling in her stomach to go away. Mike stood up abruptly and ran outside, coming back a minute later. Sam stared at him oddly, what was he doing?

   He stormed back to them, "They're gone." He said. "What?" Lucas asked, Sam lifting her head. "Nancy and Johnathan. His cars gone." Mike said. "They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin argued. Sam furrowed her eyebrows, sucking face? "Sucking face?" She asked Lucas who nervously avoided her gaze, she narrowed her eyes, reminding herself to ask him again later.

   "Gross." Mike grimaced. "No. No way." He shook his head. "Did they go with the chief?" Dustin asked. "I don't know." Mike shrugged. "No." El said. "What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike asked her, but el just turned her head to Sam, who had her eyes closed.

   They all averted their attention to her as blood ran down her nostril. "She does." El said. "Sam? Where? Where did they go?" Mike asked her. Sam searched, finding them as thoughts overloaded their brains. She opened her eyes, meeting gazes with mike, "Demogorgan." Sam said, fear laced in her voice as she glanced at lucas.

[][][]

   El held her knees to her chest, as Sam watched the boys. "Guys, Guys! This is crazy." Mike said. "We can't just wait around." Mike said. "Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives." Lucas said. "The bad men are still looking for us," Lucas continued.

   "Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is." Dustin added. "Sam can find them." Mike said. "Mike, look at her!" Dustin pointed to the girl who couldn't keep her eyes open as she watched Dustin point at her. "I still think we should stick to the chiefs plan." Dustin said. "Exactly. We stay here, keep Sam and el out of sight and keep them safe." Lucas continued.

   "That's the most important thing, remember?" Lucas asked. "Besides, she's okay. She's with Johnathan." Lucas added. "Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so.." Dustin said, before starting to walk away. "Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike called after him.

   "I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding." Dustin nonchalantly said, still walking. "I'm telling you, Lunch lady Phyllis hoards that shit." Dustin adds. "Are you serious?" Mike called after him, Lucas turned to Sam. "Coming?" Sam glanced at el who nodded at her and got up. Sam and Lucas started to head with Dustin.

   "El and Sam needs to be recharged!" Dustin yelled back. El stood up as Sam and Lucas walked out. Mike looked back at her, then back at the door closing.

[][][]

   "Dustin opened the fridge door, looking down and seeing the pudding. "Found it! I knew she was hoarding it. I knew it." Dustin said, filling his arms with chocolate pudding cans. Sam watched, deciding that it wasn't best to interfere with their greed.

   "Yeah." Lucas nodded, smiling. "Always lying, saying she's out. Bald-faced liar. Mike, I found the chocolate pudding!" Dustin screamed, his voice cracking. Sam laughed at the boy. "Okay!" Mike shouted back. Sam watched Dustin drop some and it burst, "Shit! I'll be back." He said before running off.

   "Lucas?" Sam asked, watching him say some pudding down so what happend to Dustin won't happen to him. "Yeah?" He asked, glancing at her. "What does sucking face mean?" She asked again, narrowing her eyes, giving him a look.

   He nervously scratched his neck before glancing at her, "It means, kissing," he said, but Sam only furrowed her eyebrows. "Kissing is like my lips on your lips." He further explains. Sam nods, staring at Lucas. "Do friends do it?" She asked, her face showing curiosity.