TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK

SAM SHOT HER eyes open, instantly feeling the spit in her throat and the fight for it to get out. She coughed loudly, instantly regretting it as she felt her throat become dry and Scratchy. Sam glanced to her right and saw el, they both stood, instantly recognizing where they were. El and Sam turned around, staring at the last time they saw their crushes.

Sam turned to her left, instantly forgetting el as she did. She walked out, el following as Sam leaned against the wall. She groaned, feeling sick to her stomach as she felt slime stick to her jacket. "Lucas?" Sam called out, her voice echoing. She knew it was no use to calling him, but she could only hope. She eventually got up off the wall and started down the hallway, hearing el's footsteps behind her.

"Lucas?" Sam felt her heart beat rapidly against her chest, tears surfacing as she felt her fear return. "Lucas? Lucas!" She called out, her footsteps becoming faster. "Lucas!" She screamed, stopping after that. It was no hope, he couldn't reach them. He couldn't save her. It was no use.

Sam heard el screaming mikes name as she turned the corner, back when they were in the real world there was a way out. But this was the upside down, there was no way out. At least to Sam. Sam put her hand in El's back, comforting her gently since she felt herself grow sad.

Soldiers were heard shouting from far away, it made el and Sam look back, glancing at each other than back at the voices. Down the hall, there was a hole. A slightly red hole that led to the outside world. Sam turned and walked slowly towards the hole, el doing the Sam.

When they reached the hole, Sam and el peeped in it. Seeing two flashlight lights shining through. Then suddenly a man peeled into the hole, causing the two girls to press their backs against the wall quickly. El breathing heavily didn't make it any better, Sam silencing her with her index finger on her mouth.

The flashlights and voices slowly faded as Sam removed her index finger off her lips. El dipped her head in front of the hole, then sticking her hand through it. El turned to Sam with a glint of hope in her eyes. She then retrieved her hand back, staring at it in disgust much like Sam who had stepped away from the hole.

El held out her hand, after wiping the slime on her hand on Sam who sent her a slight glare, the hole becoming bigger. El made the hole life size, easier for her and Sam to fit through. El went first, landing on the ground as she panted hardly. Sam stared in disgust as she went through next, even though she hadn't went through the slime layer, she still got slime stuck on her.

Sam groaned in disgust as she felt her hands had the slime on them. Sam held out her hand to el, her taking gladly as she stood with Sam. They looked around, going in one direction and starting their way to mikes house.

[][][]

Sam departed from el to go find Lucas's house that wasn't that hard to find since police cars racked their driveway, along with Dustin's. Sam stocked up the hill, slowly seeing a opening in the window. She saw Lucas, stirring in at the table, facing her but not being able to see her. Two men surrounded him as he answered whatever they asked, except giving them a death glare when they specifically asked one question.

It took him only a few second before he looked up at the window, Sam feeling the tears finally fall as she watched his tearful eyes stare into her sad eyes. Soon the two other men glanced her way but sam was gone, running down the hill and away from the house to go back to eleven.

El was running herself, away from mikes house, grabbing Sams hand as they raced off into the woods, hiding under a tree as the men searched for them, helicopters and everything. Sam felt the tears fall down her face effortlessly, hearing all the chaos she was in between.