WILL THE WISE

EL AND SAM had finally made it home, Sam nearly tripping over the wire because of how physically drained she felt. She knew that if she laid in her bed now, she'd be fast asleep. But that didn't seem to be the case. When Sam looked up, Hopper was there on the porch, smoking a cigar, waiting for them. Sam sighed, irritatingly. She knew now that she wouldn't be sleeping soundly tonight.

   El and Sam took a deep breath, before continuing the way back to the door. Sam and el hurriedly passed hopper, rushing to their rooms as Sam quickly took off her jacket. It wasn't even a second before hopper came storming in, slamming the door behind him as he rushed over to the girls room.

   "Friends don't lie. Isn't that your bullshit saying?" Hopper started, taking off his hat. The girls ignored him as they continued to their room, el tried closing the door but hopper just slammed it back open. "Hey, Hey! Hey! Don't walk away from me!" Hopper yelled, as he did so. Both Sam and el turned to his angry demeanor.

   "Where'd you two go on your guys little field trip, huh?" Hopper asked, calmer now. Sam threw her jacket on her bed, standing aside el as she kept eye contact with hopper. "Where?" He demanded, obviously holding the authority. "Did you guys go see mike? Lucas?" Hopper asked, since the girls continued ignoring him.

   "He didn't see me." El said, looking away, "Neither did Lucas." Sam answered through gritted teeth. "Yeah, well, that mother and her daughter did and they called the cops." Hopper told them, moving over to el's bed frame, "Now, did anyone else see you two?" He asked again, seeming to be seething with anger.

   "Anyone at all? Come on, I need you guys to think!" Hopper exclaimed to their silence. "Nobody saw us!" El exclaimed back at him through gritted teeth, seeming just as angry now. Hopper walked back over to the dresser, leaning on it now. "You two put us in danger. You guys realize that, right?" He asked, back to his calm demeanor. But he was far from it.

   "You promised we'd go! And we never leave! Nothing ever happens!" El yelled at him, Sam starting to get just as angry. "Yeah! Nothing happens and you two stay safe!" Hopper yells, slamming his hand down on the dresser. "Liar!" Sam yelled, her eyes turning black-ish as her pupils dilated. "I'm not a liar! I protect and I feed and I teach! And all I ask of you two is that you follow three simple rules. Three rules. And you know what?" Hopper leaned down, face to face with Sam and el.

   "Neither of you can even do that!" He yelled, his face red. Sam stepped back abruptly, her anger slowly going down as she felt her body get more tired. Hopper walked out, shaking his head, Sam walking to the brim frame as el slammed her hands down on the dresser. "Your both grounded!" He said, "You guys know what that mean?" He asked, heading towards the kitchen. "It means no eggos or pancakes," Hopper said, going in the fridge and taking out both boxes of waffles and pancakes.

   "And no tv for a week." Hopper added, causing Sam to angrily clench her fists. Hopper stormed over to the tv that was on, and tried to pick it up but it didn't budge. Hopper glanced behind him to see that el had her head tilted down, focusing on the tv from next to Sam. Hopper tried again but it didn't budge, he turned away and stared at them. "Alright, knock it off. Let go." Hopper told them, breathing heavily.

   El shook her head, blood trailing down her nose. He tried again, but it still didn't budge. "Okay. Two weeks." He told them, then tried again but still nothing. "Let go!" He yelled at el, turning back to them. El shook her head. "A month!" He raised his voice. "No!" El said with confidence. "Well, congratulations. You just graduated from no tv for a month to no tv at all!" Hopper told them as he unplugged the tv, making the screen go black.

   "Stop it!" Sam yelled, it wasn't fair. That was the only way to see Lucas, they needed that tv. The two girls raced towards the television as hopper walked away from it. "No! No. No!" El begged, trying to fix the tv as Sam tried to see what cord was unplugged or snatched out. "You two have got to understand that there are consequences to your actions." Hopper told them blankly.