HOLLY, JOLLY

SAM WATCHED THE boys huddle around the table they played a game on. She heard el messing with the radio and put her hand on it, trying to tell her that she wanted to listen but el just turned away giving Sam a slight glare for messing up her concentration. "We just tell our parents we have Av club after school." Mike plans. "That'll give us at least a few hours for operation Mirkwood." Mike continues.

   "You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asked, glancing back at Sam and el. Only Sam caught his look of disgust. Angered, she flipped him off with a small sarcastic smile that she learned from Dustin. Lucas gaped at her, shocked, "She just-"

   "Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike interrupts, not caring what he has to say. "Okay." Lucas shakes his head, agitated. "Did you get the supplies?" Mike asked, while Sam furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah." Lucas nodded, sending Sam a quick glare before picking the things out his bag. "Binoculars from nam, army knife also from nam, hammer, camouflage bandanna and the wrist rocket." Lucas listed off.

   "Your gonna take out the demogorgan with a slingshot?" Dustin asked, skeptical. "First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the demogorgan not real. It's made up." Lucas elaborates. "But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye, and blind it." Lucas pulls back the stretcher and lets go, causing Sam to flinch at the sudden noise.

   "Dustin, What did you get?" Mike sighs, Dustin smiles, "Well, Alrighty.." Dustin then went on about the food that he had previously dumped on the table. Sam smiles at that, feeling her stomach growl as she looked at the Pringle's. "Seriously?" Lucas sighs. "We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her." Dustin gestured to El.

   Sam sat back, giving el a look of victory, which el rolled her eyes too. Sam had talked to el and told her that now that they knew el had superpowers, they'd bring it up. And she'd have to protect them, while exposing herself to terrible danger. But Sam, on the on the other hand, didn't expose her powers to the boys, causing them to think she's powerless.

   And this was all mentioned with minimum words.

"She shut one door!" Lucas exclaimed. "With her mind! And maybe Sam could have superpowers too!" Dustin gestured to Sam who instantly lost her smirk. She turned to el who had earned a smirk on her face as she wiped her blood that was coming from her nose as she used her powers on the radio. "And imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like.." Dustin trailed off.

   Dustin then proceeded to try and get el to levitate a gray disk. Sam eventually felt herself grow annoyed. Before anything else could be said, mike grabbed the gray disk angrily, "She's not a dog!" Mike snapped as he glared at Dustin. "Boys! Time for school!" The mother of mike called. Lucas and Dustin rushed up the stairs but mike kneeled down in front of el.

   "Just stay down here. Don't make any noise and don't leave. If you get hungry, eat Dustin's snacks, okay?" Mike told them, Sam nodding, glancing at the chips. "Michael!" The mother yelled down the stairs, startling Sam. "Coming!" Mike yelled back, causing Sam to flinch again. Sam sighed. "You know those power lines?" Mike asked, both el and Sam. Sam nodded, remembering passing them on the first night there.

   "Power lines?" El asked. "Yes. The ones behind his house." Sam explained, causing mike to send her a small smile. "Yeah. Meet us there, after school." Mike instructs. "After school?" El asked. "Yeah, 3:15." Mike says. El just stared at him, confused. Sam pointed to his watch and jerked her head towards el. Mike caught on and gave her the watch. Sam watched as el stared at him with adoration.

   "When the numbers read, three-one-Five, meet us there." Mike tells them again. "Three-one-five." El says, reminding herself. Mike repeats the numbers to her and gets up, grabs his things and run up the stairs. "Three-one-five." Sam mocks with a kissy face. El pushes her slightly, smiling as Sam laughs quietly.