E PLURIBUS UNUM

THE LIGHTS CONTINUED to flicker as the group stood. Will touched his neck. Sam stared at him intently. "He's here." Fear conquered wills tone.

Sam internally prepared herself as she realized that Johnathan and Nancy were in danger. Sam took off towards the stairs, the group quickly following after her.

Sams heart was banging against her ribcage as she ran. She ran passed Mrs. Driscoll's room, continuously making lefts and rights until she saw Johnathan trying to open a door. "Nancy?" Sam heavily breathed out. Johnathan couldn't speak, the panic holding his words in his throat, but he nodded his head frantically.

   The group caught up with her as Sam glared down at the doorknob. Upon her gaze, the door unlocked itself and the doorknob fell off. The door now had a hold where the lock and doorknob was suppose to be. Pushing it open, the group saw that something huge and slimy hovered over Nancy's body. It was petrifying. Sam couldn't imagine what Nancy was feeling right now.

   El let out a yell as she flung it side to side and then up and down. Even after that, it stood and charged towards the strong young woman. Sam's eyes glazed over, the dark color taking over her eyes as her pupils dilated. The room suddenly felt like a weapon by itself as she felt around for the metal. Suddenly, a pole from the bottom half of the room sot up and was sent flying through the slimy thing.

   It let out a shriek and Sam recoiled back in disgust. Something about this was wrong. Terribly wrong. El threw out her hands again, which did the trick as the thing entirely shot out the window. Shattering the glass above Nancy.

   The group raced down the stairs, but Sam stayed for a moment. She watched as Johnathan immediately went to Nancy, checking to see if she was okay. Seeing as she was, the three headed towards the stairs as well. When they got out of the hospital, they saw that it had turned into a liquid and went into the drain, leaving a leg behind.

   Blood gushed out of Sams nose, as she sighed. She found Lucas's hand and interlocked hers with his. A feeling of relief filled her once she looked at him, seeing that he was okay.

[][][]

   Sam opened her eyes while El took off her blindfold, both standing up as Sam took a tissue and wiped her nose. El went to open the door to tell them that they had found him but she stopped and pressed her ear against the door.

   Sam furrowed her eyebrows when she gestured for Sam to do the same. Sam did after giving her a weird look.

   "I'm just trying to demonstrate how careless max is with Eleven's powers. In fact, how careless all of you are. You're treating her like some kind of machine when she's not a machine, and I don't want her to die looking for the flayed when they've obviously vanished off the face of the earth. So can we please just come up with a new plan because I love her and can't lose her again." Mike exclaimed.

   Sams eyes widen as she stared at el with a small smile across her face. "...Me?" El mouthed and Sam nodded.

   "Don't you think it's a bit selfish for you to only think about El when Sam has also been risking her life over and over again to save our asses? Of course I'm worried about Sam when she is fighting against the mind flayer or demodogs, or the flayed people or when she's just bleeding from every hole in her face but she knows her limits and when she doesn't--that's when I step in because she's the love of my life and I wouldn't live with myself if anyone or anything took her away from me again." Lucas rambled.

   Sams eyes nearly bulged out of her head when she heard Lucas. It hadn't occurred to Sam that Lucas had such strong feelings for her. She'd only thought that it was only her that felt like that. El turned to her with a grin on her face and nearly laughed when she saw how crimson Sams cheeks were. Sam covered her face, butterflies erupting in her stomach like a firework exploding.