THE LOST SISTER - REWRITTEN

"AND IT JUST Kept repeating?" Becky asked, peering across from the two girls. The three sat back at the table, Becky sat in front of them. She gave them El her undivided attention, barely glancing away from her. For a few moments however, she did, awkwardly looking at Sam's teetering eyes on her.

   In front of the two of them were two sandwiches, two glasses; one of Milk and the other of juice. Sam picked at her sandwich's crust, peeling it off while looking between El and her supposed aunt.

"Repeat?" El furrowed her eyebrows.

   "Like a circle? Just showing you the same image over and over?" Becky explained, with question in her eyes.

   "She kept showing the girls in the room." El said. Sam looked at her, confused about the girls she kept seeing. Still, she continued peeling the bread.

   "The rainbow room?" Becky asked. The image of the rainbow room flashed in Sam's mind, she remembered staring at it when they escaped the lab.

   El nodded. Sam pursed her lips. "What did the girls look like?"

   El glanced at Sam, before tilting her head slightly. "Different." El responded carefully.

   "Different than you and Sam?" Becky glanced between the two girls. She quickly looked back at El after seeing Sam try to make a mustache with the bread she'd peeled. It was quick, but Becky caught it anyway. It reminded Sam of Hopper's mustache for a moment and she frowned.

   El nodded, also catching Sam. "I think this is why mama wanted to talk."

   "To show you the girls?"

   El nodded once more and glanced at her mother before turning towards Becky. "I think she wants me to find them."

[][][]

   Becky dropped various folders onto the ground, telling them that Terry Ives kept files on the other missing kids while she looked for Jane and Sams mother; Henrietta looked for Sam.

   Becky pulled out two folders, handed one to Sam and one to El. Sam opened hers, and flipped through it. She stopped when she reached a girl. She had long jet black hair that reached past her shoulders, and pale skin with eyes that looked like similar to the shade of pine trees. She was frowning, staring at the camera with a fearful expression but Sam couldn't blame her.

   Sam recognized her as 004, her failed experiment collab. It wasn't as bad as it seemed since they continued to pair them together, making them closer than the others. Sam used to feel better when she paired up with her versus the others. She was patient, while the others would grow angry with Sam. The only other person who did that with her was papa.

   "Her?"

   "Is that her?"

   Becky and Sam both asked at the same time. El nodded and glanced down at the paper that Sam was holding. "Her, too."

[][][]

   Sam sat with her knees up to her chest as she watched El intently. She glanced down at the paper she was holding, thoughts running wild. They were shut down, when El let out a sigh and pulled down her makeshift blindfold. Sam leaned closer but soon saw the defeated look in El's eyes and frowned.

   "Did you find them?" Becky inquired, with Sam staring at the ground. El had immediately tried to find the two girls she saw in the void.

   "No." El sighed after glancing at the picture of the two girls. Sam huffed, letting her legs fall down from her chest.