prologue

please comment, I really love reading them! lmk how you feel!

*beep beep beep*

Jade groaned as she sleepily turned her alarm off with a big sigh of relief.

Waking up in Texas is nothing short of horrible; especially living in a small town in Texas.

You see the same people everyday and your idea of fun is going gas-station and eating the food there.

Luckily for jade, she was two weeks into the summer after senior year, and that meant she was today away from going to California to live with Alexis.

About 4 years ago, her very best friend moved away to California and she was absolutely stoked for her. Not very many people get to leave this hell hole to go live in a big city like Los Angeles, and Alexis was lucky enough to be one of the few that did.

Her life was going pretty well in LA. She was adapting nicely, she lived in a nice house- nothing crazy, but it was nice. Both of her parents and her little sister were like a big happy family.

About two years ago, her mom and dad died in a car accident. She was crushed, and so was Jade.

Jade spent 40 percent of her time at Alexis' house when they lived in Texas. She personally witnessed why Alexis loved her parents so much. They were everything a kid could ask for. They took them on cute and cliche family trips. They listened to their kids and gave them respect. They treated Jade like their own.

They were perfect.

Jade couldn't even be there to hug Alexis while she was crying. She could only imagine how lonely she felt all the way in Cali. She called her everyday crying, and Jade wouldn't dare to miss a single call. Still, it wasn't the same as being able to physically hug her.

So, Jade promised her that she would go straight to California to be with her as soon as possible.

Since Alexis recently turned 18, she definitely needed Jade's help because she was old enough to be her sister's legal guardian and she would be able to live with her again.

Her sister wasn't much younger than Jade and Alexis. She is 14, and she had to spend two years in the government's custody. Last jade remembered, she was a sweetheart, but jade hadn't seen her since she was 10.

Jade had no important messages on her phone besides Alexis telling her to text her when she landed, and complaining that her new neighbors have a 'frat party' every night.

She was also telling her how her little sister, Kayley, was asking for so much money lately and was gonna start having to earn it. Jade just chuckled at the messages before getting ready to go to the airport.

She showered, threw on some comfy clothes, and brushed her teeth.

She double and triple checked to make sure she had everything she was going to need for Cali. She stared at her almost empty room.

All that was left was her furniture.

Every good and bad memory flashed through her head, certain memories gripping at her heart more than others. She smiled, closing the door to the small room.

She jogged downstairs, one foot in front of the other, her suitcases cascading down the stairs behind her and kissed her dad on the cheek, telling him to make sure he told her mom she loves her. She had to leave early for work. She then took her luggage and got in the Uber.

What adventures await her in California? she doesn't know. But she was beyond excited to be getting out of Texas.