nine

it was the day after jade found out that nick had a girlfriend. communication seemed to be a problem with this group of people, because naila still had no idea she was cheated on for the last couple of months of her relationship, jade didn't know that nick had broken up with naila, and nick didn't even know that jade knew about naila. he thought he'd got away from his web of lies. 

not only were things rocky on the romantic side of things, jade was still incredibly upset with the four boys for enabling nick. she figured she would be alright. though, she was falling for nick at an incredible and dangerous speed, she couldn't help but to feel for the boys 2 year girlfriend. 

the seemingly sweet pale girl was just calling him the best boyfriend and had no idea that he had been spending most of his time with jade. 

she was actually quite shocked at the fact that nick was even capable of doing something like this. even though she only knew him for a couple of months, she trusted him like crazy. he didn't seem like the type to lie. especially a big lie like this. in her eyes, the boy could do no wrong. 

the boys had been texting her all night, but she didn't even glance at them. she would never understand anyone that could just sit around and let someone cheat in front of their eyes. 

not only that, but this could've been prevented. edwin sat on the phone with her for hours as she gushed about nick's every feature. and if jade was everything else in this world, she would never ever be a home wrecker. all it took was for someone to simply tell her that he was dating someone. 

she wasn't hungry this morning, and when her beautiful friend alexis came to check on her, she waved her off and told her she was fine. 

the curly-haired girl wanted to stay and comfort jade, but she knew her. she knew how her mind worked. she was going to want to figure that out on her own.

jade had decided that she wasn't going to say anything to nick. he can't communicate with her, so she wasn't going to communicate with him. she would find a way to throw it in his face. what was he going to do? he's not her boyfriend after all. 

while jade was in bed, rethinking her decisions from the past couple of months, nick was at home thanking his lucky stars. he was convinced that his plan to keep his affair a secret worked. in his eyes, naila and jade didn't know about each other, and he was planning to keep it that way. 

the four boys that he'd come to know as his brothers didn't know what to do. they didn't want to be a part of any of the drama, so instead of telling nick that she knew, they continued to keep secrets. 

the brunette boy picked up his phone and called the girl he'd been looking forward to talking to all morning. he waited a little bit to call because she isn't a morning person. what he didn't know is that she had been up all morning stressing over him. 

when she saw the contact "daddy 🤩🤭" pop up on her screen, she didn't know how to feel. it reminded her of the night she put herself on display for him in an attempt to make him feel better.

she took a deep sigh and answered her phone. 

"hello." she spoke and she could practically hear him cheesing through the phone. 

"hi baby." the boy says, smiling widely. he no longer feels guilty for calling her things like baby. she didn't have to share those names with anyone else, and he was quite happy about it, despite the circumstances of his breakup with naila.

jade unintentionally cringes at the name that used to make her heart flutter so much. she couldn't deny her feelings for nick, but as far as she knew, he still had a girlfriend.