twenty

Jade yawned, observing the sleeping boy next to her. waking up next to him felt right. his phone went off. it was a text from his mom.

she sighed, knowing that she was going to have to start the day soon and she really wanted to lay next to nick all day. he was lying on his bare chest and he had his arm wrapped around her with his face in his pillow. she quietly ran her fingers over the healing wounds she'd engraved in his back with her nails a couple of nights prior. 'maybe he liked the handcuffs because it stops me from scuffing up his smooth skin' she thinks to herself, wanting to kiss them all away.

she tapped his arm gently. "nick.." he slowly opened his eyes, but then closed them again and pulled jade closer.

"you have to spend time with your family before they leave today."she spoke softly and he nodded his head, eyes still closed. 

"i got you guys tickets to disneyland. i know they've never been." jade kissed his cheek and he looked at her. 

"you're not going?" jade shook her head, already knowing nick was about to beg her to go. "i want you to spend time with them alone."

he groaned. "they love you. just come." he pleaded, poking his bottom lip out. 

"you guys need alone time, nick." he sighed, but ultimately agreed. he needed to bond with his family for the last day of them being here. jade's presence would take up all of his attention."well what are you gonna do all day?"

"i'm bout to help edwin clean up the mess from the party and then maybe go shopping with izzy. she could help me with my style."  she spoke and nick whined. "j. why do you need to hang out alone with people. go in a group." he said and she rolled her eyes. she knew that was coming.

she always just agreed with him to avoid arguments, but she was tired of cancelling on her friends because the boy was insecure. "i don't see the problem." jade said calmly, really trying to control her anger. she got out of the bed, heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"well you should." he mumbled and she stopped in her tracks, whipping her head around.

"well i don't, nick. so what's the problem?" she said sternly. she can't wrap her head around how they could have such an amazing day yesterday, and such a bad start to one today.

"i can't- y'know what? never mind." he said, getting out of the bed and walking past her and into the bathroom. jade was not a confrontational person, but she did really want to know why nick wanted to isolate her from her friends.

"no. what's the issue?" she raises her voice slightly.

"i said there is no fucking issue!" he tugged at his hair, trying to keep his composure. this was the last thing he wanted. he knew that when provoked enough, he could say some shit he really didn't mean.

"well obviously there is! you are not my father. i can hang out with my friends and i don't need your fucking permission." she said and he took a deep breath, calming his voice.

"yo, you deadass pissing me off jade. let it go." he spoke and she nodded. "alright. see you when you get downstairs i'm finna go clean with eddie." she said in an annoyed tone and turned on her heels to leave.

"i don't want you alone with edwin." he said and she scoffed. "yo are you dumb?" she asked and he shrugged.

"i said what i said."

"well i'm saying what the fuck i'm saying. you do not get to tell me what to do" she spoke slowly.

"i don't like the idea of you being alone with him." she turned to face him.