sixteen*

the 'prettymuch' house was always full of people, and today was definitely no exception. 

brandon, maggie, austin, and a couple of their friends were all in the studio messing around. 

zion, edwin, and gio, who nick had banned from having any contact with jade, were filming some video about snacks in the kitchen while alexis just sat behind the camera and watched them.

nick was making food, while being angry that the other three boys were in the kitchen. 

jade, ansley, and izzy were all in austin's room laughing at their tagged post. they could never get used to the content they got of the boys.

jade wiped her tears as she checked the time. she sighed and pushed herself off of the bed. 

"bye girlies. i gotta get ready to hang out with edwin tonight." they all pouted, not wanting the girl to go. she had very shortly become a part of their little friend group. they were all brought together by the boys and they couldn't be happier. 

jade, on the other hand, was torn. she really liked these girls. they were extremely fun and welcomed her with open arms. she did miss her best friend alexis, though. since the fight they had like five months ago after the kayley lying about her age situation, alexis had been distant towards jade. 

the 'fight' was a lot less of a fight and a lot more of alexis yelling at jade, but she just decided to let her yell in hopes she'd cool off. when she never cooled off, they just stopped talking all together. they basically are just co-existing, with the occasional occurrence of alexis bothering nick and jade. 

she hugged them one by one and then made her way out of austin's room. she turned to them before she opened the door. "we'll have a girls day, yeah?"both of the girls gave their different variations of 'yes' as jade walked out of the door. 

she had to go home and prepare to go bowling and get ice cream with edwin. nick was taking up a lot of her time and she needed to be around someone who she wasn't so sexually frustrated around. edwin had also become the closest person to alexis and since she was refusing to talk to the girl, jade was hoping edwin could help her out a little bit. she also just wanted to catch up with her friend. 

she made her way into kitchen, quietly creeping past the camera that was filming the boys, of course getting glared at by alexis. when she reached nick, who was quietly cooking, she softly hugged the boy from behind. 

she was expecting a tight hug back but instead she was shrugged off. "not now, baby. i'm in the zone." the boy said in a serious tone. she laughed at how seriously he took cooking. he was wearing an apron and a chef hat and as embarrassed as she was to say it, he was doing it unironically. 

"it's okay. laugh. you think people didn't laugh at lebron james? you think barak obama was taken seriously at first? well, he wasn't . you'll look like a clown when you taste this pasta and it's the best you've ever had." he says, going back to slicing the grilled chicken.

"i'm sorry, nick." jade says to satisfy him, but she is internally laughing at the boy.

"it's all good."

she pokes her lips out to kiss him and get's completely ignored since the boy is so focused on making this food.

jade sighs and then says something that caught his attention. 

"i'm gonna go next door and get ready to hang with eggie tonight. i love you." she says and he drops the knife, whipping his head around to face her. "I'm sorry, what?" he asks as if he didn't hear, but they both knew he did.