epilogue

"nick. wake up." she smiles down at him his eyes open momentarily but he closes them again, pulling her closer. 

"nick it's important." she laughs and his eyes shoot open.

"you're pregnant!?" he says and she lets out the ugliest laugh. "not yet." 

"you're dying?"

"no." she scoffs. "i'm-"

"well then cuddle with me and stop waking me up." he snaps and she smiles. 

she can't even be mad at the boy. even his grumpiness was cute. 

"i'm horny." she whispers and he shoots up. 

"oh. i gotchu." he says and she laughs, pushing him off the bed. 

"just kidding! i'm hungry. will you come with me." she laughs and he groans, slipping his shoes on anyway. they both knew he'd end up going. 

jade watched nick as he drove the both of them to get breakfast. his beautiful bone structure was on display as he focused intently on the road. 

she smiled, so happy to be in his presence full time. she would never forget the day she surprised him with moving back to  la. 

the smile on his face was priceless, the love in his heart 10 times that. 

Jade woke up particularly cheerful that day. some would say she was glowing.  

she had that beautiful and sleepy smile on her face as she rolled over to check her phone. she had the usual 'good morning' text from nick, her beloved boyfriend. 

it seemed strange that she was so excited to be waking up on a humid day in texas, not next to the boy of her dreams or any of her friends. not where she's happiest, and not where her new school was. contrary to what seems logical, that was the very reason she was so happy to be waking up in the south. 

she was so ecstatic because she had something to look forward to. in less than four hours, she'd be on a three hour flight back to the beautiful los angeles. 

she was going to get to hug the people she loved most. she was going to get to see nick for more than two consecutive days. she was going to get to congratulate her boyfriend and his brothers at their album release party in person. she was going home.  and she was so intoxicated by the excitement. 

ironically, she frowned at the text. she loved receiving it, but she knew nick woke himself at the asscrack of dawn in la to send her that good morning text, and she hated knowing she was taking him away from his precious beauty sleep.  

she texted him back, immediately being responded to. 

"why are u up so early!?" the boy's text said. she cackled to herself at the irony. 

"nicholas. it's 8 now?? you texted me when it was 4 in la??" she responded. on the other side of the phone, the boy smiled a hopeful smile. if nothing in his life was right, jade was. he knew she was miles and miles away, but he also knew that she promised him she would come home to him. he kept that noted in his head any time he doubted anything. he would one day get to be around her constantly, like he was the first year of their relationship.  

nick had grown so used to being able to touch and hold jade whenever he wanted. he was so used to being able so see her smile and hear her contagious ass laughter. when he was bored, he went to jade. when he was sad, he went to jade. when he was horny... you know.

so when jade wasn't there for nick, he didn't really know what to do. she shortly became routine for him. being around her became a necessity. 

he didn't want to be too clingy. that jeopardized their relationship before. he wanted to give her time to focus on school and her family. but neither of the two could deny the fact that they were yearning for each other.