nineteen*

jade woke up bright and early on the cool november morning. she knew she had a long day ahead of her. 

she wanted to go all out for nick's birthday, and she was pretty proud of the things she had done so far. 

after brushing her teeth, showering, and putting on a casual outfit which was just one of nick's sweatshirts and some sweatpants, she drove over to the hotel nick's family had been staying at the past two days. (i'm making nick's family up. i'm aware that they don't match up with his actual family.)

nick's beautiful mother brought jade into a warm hug and kissed jade on the cheek. "i'll never get over how my boy was lucky enough to even catch your attention." the lady said, smiling at jade. the young girl her held her hand to her heart and said thank you shyly. 

considering that nick is such a mama's boy, scared was an understatement for how jade felt when she picked up his family from the airport.  nick once told jade that only two other girls have met his mother, and she hated one of them. like absolutely despised her. his mother liked naila. she truly did, but, she liked jade a whole lot more so far.

she could tell just from the gesture of flying them out for his birthday that jade would be a really good fit. the beautiful girl also had loads of confidence, without being cocky. that was something naila lacked. 

"well, i'll never get over your boy in general." she smiled. 

jade was quite happy to be in nick's mother, pam's, embrace. she was really missing her mom. though the young girl hated texas, she loved everything about her parents and missed how close they once were. fighting with the one person she came down here for wasn't helping in the slightest. 

when they pulled away, jade greeted the rest of the family, including nick's younger sister logan who was close in age to jade. 

the unnaturally blonde girl was polar opposites with her older brother. she was the nicest person ever. she was so approachable, and she was very social. 

though nick had many friends, he was the opposite. he didn't actively go and talk to people. he just mind's his business, something he would say the other three boys need to learn from him and zion. 

once they get in the car jade buckles up and starts driving. 

"sorry for waking you this early, i thought you might want to help out with his breakfast. i know you like to cook." jade apologizes and the sweet woman waves her off. 

"i should probably get acquainted to this timezone anyway. 

when they got to the house, jade, pam, and nick's other sister mckenna stayed in the kitchen to cook his breakfast, while logan and gianna, nick's older sister, went into the guest bedroom to sleep. 

when the food was done, jade checked the time and it was 8:43. she decided to go check on the other girls, who were just watching TV. 

"I'm about to go get nick, if you guys want to head downstairs?" their lips curl up into smiles and it warms jade's heart that his family is so excited to see him.

"of course." they say. 

jade goes to get kayley. even though alexis wanted to be mad at jade for no reason, kayley could use a family atmosphere. mckenna was also kayley's age, and did not partake in the dumb bitch juice that kayley loved so much so jade thought she could be a good influence and friend since she was still grounded until the end of december. 

after they're all at the table, jade slips on some shoes and walks next door, texting edwin, the only one who would be woke, to open the door. a few minutes later edwin opened the door quietly for her.