two

*Jade's pov*

I wake up to sunlight beaming into my room and I groan, knowing for a fact that I never opened the curtains in this room.

That fucker opened the curtains, knowing that I hate sunlight.

I get out of my bed and go get my phone from downstairs by the pool. I jog back upstairs and plug it in to charge since I was too shitfaced to do it last night.

I have a pounding headache and I have a strong feeling that if I had one more drink last night, i'd be head first in the toilet right now.

I walk back out of my room and into Kayley's room. She's doing makeup at her vanity with a bright ass ring light that makes my head hurt more.

She hears me groan and whips her head around, smiling at me.

"hey Jade! you look horrible."

I playfully scoff at her and shield my eyes from the light.

"why, thank you so much for that information, Kayley." I say sarcastically and she lets out the ugliest cackle i have ever heard. "ew" i say and she only laughs more.

"okay, whatever. do you have any Tylenol?"

"um i don-" I cut her off.

" if you say no i might actually break down and start sobbing right now." I warn and she sighs dramatically.

"Well, what I was going to say before i was so rudely inter-"

I cut her off again. "get to the fucking point, Kayley."

She glares at me, before rolling her eyes and focusing back on her big mirror.

"just go fucking ask Alexis." she says and i gasp.

I have never heard her cuss before. I mean, I haven't seen this girl since she was 10. I know she's 14 now but, it was just a shock.

I shrug it off and head into Alexis' room. I knock with all my energy, which meant basically a tap, and open the door.

She's sitting outside on the balcony, her back facing her room. I don't know why this bitch likes sunlight so much but to each their own I guess.

I open the door to the balcony and she looks over at me, before looking back down at her lap and sniffling.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, and she immediately bursts into tears. I go over and hug her as her tears fall onto my t-shirt from last night and I softly rub her back.

"hey, it's okay. you're okay." I say to her. her sobs become quieter by the second, eventually going silent. I pull away and look into her eyes, they're just so sad.

"what is it?" I ask her and she looks down. "I- it's Kayley." she says and i scoff.

"well what did the little fucker do to you?" I ask and she laughs at me.

"she didn't really do anything bad. She just- I just- I don't wanna say no to her, and lately she's been asking for a lot of money and wanting to have boys over here. I get that she's growing up and I want to give her freedom but what could she possibly need all of this money for?"

I look at her like she's dumb. "so don't give it to her." I say.

"I just don't want to say no."

"why not? you're her legal guardian now you have to put your foot down, Lex." I say and she nods her head.

" I know it's just- I want to give her the best life I possibly can. She's already been through so much and I don't want to risk making her sad." she says starting to cry again and I hug her.