seventeen

nick yawned as he entered the prettymuch house with the rest of the boys. he had to get up at the most ungodly hours of the morning to go to the studio and to the gym and it was now two in the afternoon. 

his plan was to shower and then go next door to see jade. they were supposed to go swimming. she had slept at his house last night but he figured she had woken up and went home by now. 

he was very surprised when he walked into his room to see a sleeping jade on his couch. it was weird that she was still asleep and even more weird she was on the couch.

he walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead, figuring she was sick or something. she was never the girl to sleep in. he decided not to wake her since he thought she looked so angelic in her sleep. 

he made his way to his bathroom to shower and he just quietly played some music. he was rinsing the soap from his hair when he felt a light tap on his shoulders.

the short boy nearly jumped out of his skin, almost slipping on the floor of the shower. he sighed and held his hand to his chest when he saw it was just jade.

"you scared me, j." he laughs, peeking his head around the shower curtain. his smile quickly turns into a frown when he sees that her eyes are watering. she was clutching onto her stomach tightly and she was looking like she could pass out any minute.

"what's wrong, mamas?" he asks, his eyebrows coming closer to each other. jade rips her eyes away, her gaze falling to her feet. 

"I'm sorry..." she trails and it really worries nick. what could she have done?

"what happened?" he asks her with worry laced into his voice.

"i'm on my period." she says and he laughs. "it's okay, jade. i can go a week without sex." she shakes her head slowly. she was so incredibly humiliated.

"it's not that-"

"well then what's bothering you?" he asks and she sighs. jade feels like a little kid who has to tell their parents they had an accident. 

"i bled on your sheets. i'm so so sorry. i already took them off and i'll buy you new on-"

nick interrupts her. he can see how embarrassed she is by the whole incident. he does't understand why. it's not like it's her fault. 

"chill out, j. it's fine." he says and she finally meets his gaze with teary eyes. 

"you aren't mad at me?" she sniffles and he turns the water off and wraps a towel around his waist. 

"i could never be mad at you, mamas. especially for something like this." he sighs, bringing his thumb up to wipe her tears. it doesn't help much due to the fact that his hand is wet, but she appreciated the gesture. he can see her body shudder and she grips her stomach harder. 

"go lay down." he winces. the look on her face was enough to make them both feel the pain as her stomach twisted into knots. 

she nods and stumbles out of the bathroom and back onto the couch. the boy finishes bathing and washing his face. he steps out of the shower and dries off, slipping on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. he walks out to see jade quietly whimpering on the couch and now he feels bad for interrupting her beautiful slumber. 

he frowns at her and she gives him a pain filled smile. "come on, j. let me take you home so you can be on an actual bed." she nods at him. 

the boy slips on a pair of shoes and scoops jade up bridal style.  she buries her head into his chest and takes in his fresh scent. he walks her downstairs, to the house next to his, and up to her room. he had dealt with jade on her period before, but this seemed to be her worst.