ten*

as soon as jade, kayley, and alexis walked into the house that had basically become their second home, they were slapped in the face with the smell of alcohol, sweat and weed.

Jade glanced over at kayley and nudged her. the pretty girl turned to jade giving her a "huh?" Jade looked her straight in the eyes. "please for the life of me, kayley. don't have me or anyone else catching a case tonight."

kayley nods at her and runs off to go get a drink. honestly, it might seem strange that alexis allowed kayley to even come to this party, let alone drink, but kayley was going to do it regardless. why not have her older sister to look after her.

you can't control a kid who is truly rebellious, alexis knew that from back when she was in texas with jade. not only did they find a way to drink, they also snuck out and did things they probably wouldn't have had their parents let them drink on their watch.

alexis sighed and went to find zion and edwin. she wasn't too worried about kayley. between her, jade, and all the boys, she figured nothing would happen to her.

Jade just made her way to the kitchen to get a drink. it would be her first of many tonight.

she was pouring herself some vodka when a short, blond girl came up to her. "dude, you're bad as fuck! why don't i know you?" the girl spoke and jade smiled.

before this party, jade was quite worried about being at an 'la' party. she'd heard time and time again that everyone was so stuck up and they only cared about you if you had clout. the boys' friends seemed to be the most chill people in all of la so far, and she was counting her blessings for it.

"thank you. you too." Jade spoke shyly, cheesing at the girl. Jade wasn't shy, but she never wanted to be too outgoing. she refused to be judged.

"who do you know here?" she asks, yelling over the blaring music.

"the boys. I'm actually just their neighbor." she said, laughing at herself.

"oh, that's cool. what's your name?" she asks and jade responds, making her sharply inhale, as if she'd figured something out.

"like... the jade that nicks always talking about?" the girl spoke and it made jade's heart flutter. it's like she had completely forgotten about nick's lying and cheating.

"possibly." Jade said, shrugging her shoulders cutely.

"ahh, you're too cute." the blonde girl says, continuing. "you want me to tell him you're here?" she asks and jade shakes her head quickly. "I'll find him later, thank you though." she says, smiling at the girl.

"what's your name?" she asks and the blonde girl responds. "Izzy. you'll see me often if you're around the boys a lot."

Jade nods and gives her a hug. "i gotta go do some dancing. but, it was very nice to meet you! see you around." Jade says to the girl, and they both smile and wave at each other.

meeting izzy was like an ice breaker for jade. she could see first hand that the boys' friends were really chill, so she decided to down two more drinks to loosen herself up and go meet some new people.

she wasn't drunk. she was smart enough not to make that mistake with this being her first impression on them.

she got on the dance floor and the classic song 'red nose' came on. she decided that if there was any way she was going to gain some attention, it was going to be through dancing. she made her way into what was close to the center of the circle and started dancing. as suspected, the circle quickly warped so that she was in the middle, dancing with not a care in the world. her new friend that she had just made in the kitchen, izzy, quickly came to her side, hyping her up. she stood up to pull izzy into the center with her, so they could dance together, but she feels a hand softly grip her wrist.