eighteen

]Jade let out an ugly laugh as she watched the first episode of 'new girl' for the seventh time. She actually wasn't with nick today, for once. It wasn't because they had some big fight or anything. she just needed to go shopping for his birthday coming up.

She really wasn't sure what to get the short boy. As much as she knew about him, there was never anything that nick 'wanted'. He was very happy and content with the life he had. He had the girl if his dreams, tons of people who loved him but have never even met him, a supportive family, friends and band mates who he considered family, and he does what he loves for a living. The only thing jade could get him was new shoes, but she wanted to get him more than just a pair of shoes.

She decided she would just ask him the next time they hung out and to just use today as a relaxation day.

She heard the water in the kitchen turn on and she snapped her head over to look at kayley, who she was still quite close with. It was hard. With alexis being mad at her and the fact that she was banned from seeing Zion, she rarely found free time for the girl who was like her little sister. Jade and nick often resided at the prettymuch house, which she was never allowed to step foot in again.

"hi, Kay." Jade spoke as she opened the refrigerator to pull out some grapes. The beautiful young girl, recently 15, smiled up at jade.

Lately, jade was the only person wise enough for her to talk to. Alexis was still being extremely distant to her younger sister, and the young girl would be lying if she said it didn't take a toll on her.

She understood that lying about her age was very dumb, and since she's been grounded, she's been away from all of her friends caught up in the la lifestyle. She's really been humbled lately and wants nothing more than to make things better.

"hey." She says with sad eyes.

"What's wrong?" Jade questions, pulling her into a hug.

"I think Alexis and Zion hate me. Actually, I think everyone does."

Despite that the curly-haired girl looked so mature, and that she did things a little to early for her age, she was still a child. She had gone through a lot, and feeling like the world hated her was becoming a familiar feeling for kayley. She didn't have any reason to think otherwise.

All of her 'friends', who used to praise her, were now calling her lame.

Her sister was completely ignoring her.

Zion was literally physically sick of her, which she completely understood, but she just wanted a genuine confirmation that he didn't hate her. She still had fun times with him, and she cared about him, and she didn't want to live thinking that he hated her or that she ruined his career.

These past couple of months would've been a great time for her to have a mother to talk to, or perhaps she wouldn't even be in this mess if her parents were still with her. Regardless, she was missing them greatly.

Jade continued to rub the young girls back softly as she cried on her shoulders. What she was about to do was going to be against alexis' will, but kayley has been grounded for nearly 3 months and it was honestly excessive. The girl was grounded in summer and she's almost done with her 1st semester of school.

"what if I can guarantee you that Zion doesn't hate you? Will that clear your conscious?" Kayley gives a sarcastic laugh and pulls back.

"And how will you do that?"

Jade walks back into the living room and grabs her phone, deciding to FaceTime Zion.

FaceTime
drydreadzedd 🤡...