fifteen

[don't watch the vid yet lol]

[vids the best quality i could find on youtube don't roast me]

jade was sitting at her vanity deciding which perfume to wear when she saw a car light flash outside her window, meaning the boys had just got home. she thought it was odd that they were at the studio so long today but decided not to question it. 

she glanced down at her phone that read 6:53 and she took note of that. nick was supposed to pick her up at seven and even though they live next door to each other, she knew  he still wouldn't be ready until 7:15 so she wasn't rushing. 

she decided on the coconut scented one. she didn't want to used an expensive one for a casual date. she then got up and slipped her shoes on before looking in the mirror one last time. she shrugged, really mot caring since nick told her to dress comfy anyway. 

she wore a yellow sweatshirt that belongs to nick, some black nike shorts, and some air force ones. she had on a black beanie and her makeup was minimal. 

she had never been on a real date before, so she wasn't sure if she should get him something for it. she panicked and framed a picture of the two together. she didn't know why she was getting him a gift, but she stuffed it in her bag nonetheless. her bag also included a swimsuit, some money, and a phone charger since she wasn't sure where exactly they were going.

jade was very familiar with nick. they were around each other almost all the time. she was particularly nervous tonight, though. she accidentally let the three dreaded words slip and they weren't reciprocated. she was completely and utterly embarrassed. 

she walked down the stairs and sat on the couch, trying to keep her nerves in check. 

nick was preparing his car for their date when he looked down at his watch and it read 7:08. he silently scolded himself, as he had made it a goal to be on time. he ran back up the driveway and into the door of his house where austin and ansley were on the couch playing uno. 

he caught their attention when he grabbed the roses off of the table and stuffed the small jewelry box in his pocket. 

"good luck tonight, dude." austin says and ansley nods along with him. "might as well make this date special since you ruined my party with your loud sex noi-" 

"okay! thanks for the good wishes, see you later." nick interrupts them, turning beet red. he turns on his heels and brandon jogs down the stairs as he's exiting. 

"make it worth it, yeah?" he says smiling at the clearly nervous boy. nick is like... never nervous. it was honestly funny to the boys, and ansley found it 'romantic'. 

"yeah." he gives him the typical 'bro handshake'. 

"thanks for the help, b. i owe you one."

"yessir." brandon salutes him. 

nick makes his way to the house next to his, almost tripping every step. he shifts the bouquet of flowers from hand to hand, wiping the free one on his pants to rid them of moisture.

he closes his eyes and says a prayer to the man above, though he isn't very religious, and he brings his hand up and firmly knocks on the door a couple of times. 

he hears footsteps get closer to the door as his breath quickens and his heart flutters. this girl was making him lovesick. 

both of their faces perk up at the sight of each other and they immediately hug. 

he smiles as he takes in the coconut scent on her that he loved so much. 

he pulled back and looked down at her, smiling once he sees that she has his sweatshirt on. "i was looking for that one, j." he says and she grins at him, her mind clearing of all of her negative thoughts. "well it's mine now." she teases and he playfully groans.