twenty one

the young and sad girl sighed, getting ready to go clubbing alone. 

all of her friends were telling her it's a bad idea. even alexis stopped by her room to see if she was okay and told her not to go get drunk and do something she'll regret.

none of the people in la have seen her drunk, with the exception of alexis. she avoided doing it because if she were being honest with herself, she couldn't handle her liquor. anything more than 3 shots and she was out. 

she slipped on her red two strap heels and applied more lip gloss, heading to kayley's room. she walked in to see kayley on facetime with mckenna. she smiled, knowing that the young girl finally had a real friend who was also a good influence. she noticed that her talk with alexis about giving kayley her phhone back worked.

"I'm going out, kay. call me if you need anything." she said and the girl on the other end gasped. 

"is that jade?" she asked as jade slightly panicked, not wanting to talk to her. she loved mckenna. she actually loved nick's entire family, and unfortunately that includes nick, but she was scared she would have to pretend everything was okay. he didn't tell his family about the fight because he said it wouldn't matter when they started talking again.

"yeah!" kayley says, turning the camera to be on jade. 

"we missed you at the airport. sorry you were sick!" the girl frowned. that must've been nick's lie for why jade didn't take them to the airport back to jersey.

"it's okay!"  jade said nervously, really wanting the conversation to be over.

"you look really pretty. are you going on a date with nick?"

"uh-" jade hesitates. "no, not tonight. i have to uh-" the girl digs into her arm with her nails, something she did when she was nervous. "brush the steering wheel, see ya!" she says while scurrying out of the room. mckenna furrowed her eyebrows as kayley laughed at jade's attempt to lie and the 15 year old girls shrugged it off and continued talking.

jade grabbed her phone, which nick was blowing up, and walked outside. once she opened the door, nick was there about to knock. she jumped slightly at the sight of him.

"hey baby." the boy spoke quietly with a smile. he wasn't trying to pretend like nothing happened, he was just genuinely happy to see her. he'd gone the longest since they've met without talking to her and he was really missing everything about her.

jade couldn't lie, his words tugged at her heart a whole lot, but his appearance took the cake. the boy was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt, which was nothing new, but he had dark circles around his red and puffy eyes and his hair was messy. one thing to note about nick is that he never doesn't do his hair. she couldn't help but pull the sad boy into a hug.

he said very mean things to her and she was just as sad if not more sad than him about it. but what she didn't feel was guilt, and that's what was weighing heavy on his chest. he felt so much regret for the stupid and insensitive things he said to jade. he never wanted to hurt her feelings and he never ever wanted to be the jealous boyfriend. somehow he managed to do all of the above.

he didn't even have time to cry in her grasp. he just took in her same coconut scent that he missed so much. he was happy to be physically holding her. his head rested on her shoulder, where it was most of the time he slept. her hands rubbed small circles around his back as he squeezed her tightly. she clung onto the boy for dear life, knowing that she wouldn't be holding it again until her wound was completely healed. it would take time. she had to teach him his lesson.