Part eight

Aaliyah lay in bed, squeezing her Jessie doll. How was she going to discuss this with Jameel? She sat up in bed, as Jameel walked by. She called him in and prepared to ask the questions.

"Jameel, your girlfriend today asked me to discuss with you about your relationship."

"What?"

"Or lack off. Why are you pulling away from her?"

"I'm not."

"She said you haven't even had sex."

"She has no right to tell you that."

"She told me because she's worried she's losing you. What's wrong Jameel?"

Jameel got up and stormed out of the room. Aaliyah hoped she hadn't made things worse. From Jameels room, she heard him shouting at someone. She wondered what was going on. Jameel came into the room and told her he'd broken up with his girlfriend.

"She had no right to ask you. Or tell you any of this."

Aaliyah couldn't help but feel it was partly her fault. Maybe if she hadn't come back.

"Aaliyah, none of this is your fault. I've just got someone else on my mind, and she's proving hard to let go." Aaliyah looked at him. "I left you Jameel. I told you to move on. Why don't you hate me?" "I was going to, but you were right. You needed to try the job, and if I'd kept you here, you would have hated me. But everything worked out ok, because God brought you back in my life." "Jameel I......" Jameel took Aaliyah's hand in his. "I still love you Latte. I've tried to move on, but I can't." "Jameel, please leave. We'll talk tomorrow."

Aaliyah felt bad. Ever since she got injured, Jameel had been good to her. He'd looked after her, even though he was nothing to her. Aaliyah snuck into Jameels room and sat on his bed. "What's wrong?" whispered Jameel. "Shut up" said Aaliyah, kissing him passionately. Jameel pulled away. "No, your not using me again. This will happen, when your ready to be with me again." Aaliyah ran out of the room. She was so embarrassed. How was she going to face Jameel? So she packed her stuff and quietly left.