Part twenty eight

Aaliyah kept going over the evidence. There were too many holes in the evidence, how could the police charge Jameel? Didn't they see the evidence was flimsy, and they had no proof against Jameel? It pained her to think of him alone in that cell, for something he didn't do. She missed him deeply. The house was too quiet without him. She missed his warm body, heating her up in bed too. 

Aaliyah had thought that once she presented her evidence, the judge would see how weak the case was, and throw it out. But no. The prosecution were determined to pin this on Jameel. Aaliyah knew her Jameel was innocent, and would do anything to prove his innocence. Aaliyah studied the case day and night,  she was determined to prove they had got it wrong. 

Also, Aaliyah was regretting telling Jameel she would meet him in court only. She missed him, but she couldn't see him in that cell, with something he didn't do.

Aaliyah went to court the next day. She argued with all her passion, argued how weak the case was, in proving Jameels innocence. This went on for a few days, until the judge saw sense and threw the case out. Aaliyah was elated. Finally, this nightmare was over. She waited for Jameel outside the station. Jameel came out running, and threw his arms around her. He lifted her in the air and spun her around. Aaliyah laughed as she was so happy. She hugged Jameel tightly, and kissed him hard.

Finally, this nightmare was over, and they could restart their lives.