Part ten

It had been a few months, and Aaliyah loved being back at work. She had missed the hustle and bustle of the busy hospital life. She tried to avoid Jameel, as everything was so confusing between them. But Jameels girlfriend wouldn't take the hint, and told Aaliyah everything about their relationship. Aaliyah smiled and nodded, but inside she felt confused.  Their was a big medical ball coming up. Aaliyah was going with Jameels dad, as the whole staff were invited.

Aaliyah got ready and went to Jameels house. Jameel opened the door and nearly stood breathing. Jameels dad came running down the stairs, apologising that he had overbooked. Aaliyah turned to leave, but he told her they were expecting her and that Jameel would take her. Aaliyah and Jameel were both shocked. Jameels dad smiled as they both left.

Aaliyah gasped at the party. It was lavishly decorated. Jameel and Aaliyah were dancing, when Aaliyah felt the sparks. She ran away, with Jameel not far behind.

"Why'd you run away latte?" asked Jameel holding her arm.

"Because I'm scared."

"Of me?"

"Of love."

"If you love me so much, why are you running away from me?"

"Because every time I see you, I imagine you and her."

"But you told me to go for her."

"Yes, I did. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. Plus, she's better for you. Not me. I've got to many issues."

Aaliyah ran away from the party. Jameel stood there, in shock. He knew Aaliyah still loved him, now he had confirmation.